Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6spd
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some easy off roading this past weekend. Cruz and easy trail (if not rutted out). Rained at night and early morning so made the trail a little more fun.

This is my DD so nothing crazy. Just having some fun with friends and camping. Just stayed on the main trail, side trails are a lot more technical.

2:00 mark, can see the ABLS kick in. Kinda cool to feel it kick it. Off roading in a manual is also pretty fun.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Looks like a great time! I'm so jealous. Went to Maui a couple years ago and have been dying to see the other islands. I love the frontal pic of the 3 rigs!

·
TNX Veteran
4,386 Posts
That's awesome. Kind of looks like 4x4 does in Australia haha. Hawaii just seems so small to me... I never imagine stuff like this is even there.

I think you can say "offroading in a manual is fun" until you get to slow speed obstacle crawling... then it is terrible :LOL:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Looks like an awesome time! Love Hawaii. Got to do some off roading in a rental frontier in Kauai once, super fun! Hoping to to back soon. Cheers!

·
Registered
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6spd
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like a great time! I'm so jealous. Went to Maui a couple years ago and have been dying to see the other islands. I love the frontal pic of the 3 rigs!
Thanks man. My friend with the hardbody convinced me to get the X vs Tacoma. The other islands besides Oahu have all the trails. There's only 2 main trails here. Both have to get permits to drive on. Some closed trails but need a combo or key to get through.

·
Registered
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6spd
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's awesome. Kind of looks like 4x4 does in Australia haha. Hawaii just seems so small to me... I never imagine stuff like this is even there.

I think you can say "offroading in a manual is fun" until you get to slow speed obstacle crawling... then it is terrible :LOL:
Yea. Oahu only has 2 main trails. A few other ones are closed and need to know the combo or know someone with a key. The other islands though, a lot better trails and more space. Oahu is too crowded.

Manual and cruising speed is nice. Still getting used to crawling. I practiced on that stump and was a little tricky. Kept on thinking I was gonna go right over the stump so kept letting off the gas.

·
Registered
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6spd
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like an awesome time! Love Hawaii. Got to do some off roading in a rental frontier in Kauai once, super fun! Hoping to to back soon. Cheers!
Kauai is fun. I try to go every year with friends that moved from there to Oahu. A lot longer, better trails there (or other islands in general). Oahu is too crowded.

·
Registered
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6spd
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great video and music 😀
Are there many trails like this?
Nah, not many. 2 main ones on Oahu. Some closed trails but all locked by gates. If they ever bring the ferry back to sail between the islands I'll take my rig on that and check out the other trails. Until then, jus stuck with 2 trails. There's pretty nasty side trails from on this ones, but not that comfortable doing those yet. Maybe after I get my lift. Ha

·
Registered
362 Posts
Kauai is fun. I try to go every year with friends that moved from there to Oahu. A lot longer, better trails there (or other islands in general). Oahu is too crowded.
Nice. Yeah I definitely like the remote/wild feel of the trails there and Kauai in general. I try to make it there once or twice a year (when not in a pandemic). Love that place. I’ve never spent any time in Oahu, other than the airport, but would love to check it out one day. Cheers.

·
Registered - From Westminster, CA, USA
254 Posts
Hah nice. My wife and I spent our honeymoon on Kauai and off-roaded our rental Kia As much as I could.
Fun island for sure

·
Registered
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6spd
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not my vid, but here's the side trails going up to peacock flats. Wonder if a titan swap would handle. Maybe when the X turns into a dedicated off roader, and not a DD ill try some easier side trails.

·
Registered
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6spd
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's a quick stop we made coming out from camping this weekend. Only got 1 clip of the X, my friend recorded everything else with his cam.

Kinda mad at myself for not record going in. Tested and loved my aux lights. Drove in sun setting, in the clouds with some rain. Looked cool.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts