Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Monday 10/26 I ordered the hood strut kit for my Xterra. Within a couple of hours I got a shipping notification from them. I thought, great, that was fast.... However as of today, the order is marked by USPS as in "pre-shipment", or that it's on it's way to USPS, and they may not be in possession of the item.

This past Monday, I emailed OG, and got a reply stating that they would look into it, and that was the last I heard from them. They have not responded to further emails, nor do they pick up the phone when I call. I could have purchased the thing from ebay, but thought that OG would have the better product, and assumed they had a good rep. Their customer service is simply non-existant.

If I don't hear from them by 3pm today, I am calling my bank to have the charge reversed.

·
Super Moderator
4,415 Posts
You emailed on Monday 11/2. They responded that they would investigate.

This is Wednesday morning 11/4, not even 48 hours later, and you are threatening a charge dispute?

Not every business has the resources of Jeff Bezos. Perhaps you should relax a bit and let Offfroad Gorilla do what they told you they would do.

BTW - many online businesses create shipping labels at the same time an order is placed and then affix the label to a box at a later time when the order is actually ready to be shipped. Although I am not a fan of the process, it doesn't mean that your shipment has been on the loading dock for a week mocking you or that the company absconded with your money.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You emailed on Monday 11/1. They responded that they would investigate.

This is Wednesday morning 11/3, not even 48 hours later, and you are threatening a charge dispute?

Not every business has the resources of Jeff Bezos. Perhaps you should relax a bit and let Offfroad Gorilla do what they told you they would do.

BTW - many online businesses create shipping labels at the same time an order is placed and then affix the label to a box at a later time when the order is actually ready to be shipped. Although I am not a fan of the process, it doesn't mean that your shipment has been on the loading dock for a week mocking you or that the company absconded with your money.
It has nothing to do with them having the resources of Bezos or not. They have shitty customer service, bottom line. All of this could be alleviated with a simple response to my multiple inquiries. 10 days with no change in shipping status and no contact is bogus.

Reactions: MatthewD

·
TNX Veteran
4,091 Posts
FYI - I ordered a diff seal from them a couple months ago. It sat in "pre-shipment" for like 7 days, and then all of a sudden showed up at my door as "Delivered" with no warning. Could be the fault of USPS or whomever

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI - I ordered a diff seal from them a couple months ago. It sat in "pre-shipment" for like 7 days, and then all of a sudden showed up at my door as "Delivered" with no warning. Could be the fault of USPS or whomever
Thanks for the helpful input AC.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, my experience has been that USPS tracking isn't as accurate as private carriers (UPS, Amazon, FedEx). My guess is the package is on the way, but the USPS tracking system hasn't been updated. I installed the Gorilla hood struts about year ago and they've been great. Much nicer than the manual hood prop.

·
on line
234 Posts
Also, I ordered from Offroad Gorilla earlier this year and I remember seeing information in the ordering process that said they only ship out orders twice per week. I'm sure that's contributing too.

·
Well then...
702 Posts
Ordering for our trucks is very niche. I ordered a few items from them on 10/27 of this year, so just a little over a week, and am still waiting for word on shipping but I’m not in a real hurry. Amazon has spoiled us a bit too much.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Last Monday 10/26 I ordered the hood strut kit for my Xterra.
1 week is nothing for the xterra world. I ordered from PRG in august, got half of my order in October, never got the other half.
Ordered gears from RR early September, still don’t have them.

I’d give OG a little bit more time like others have said.

·
Registered
15 Posts
its not an issue with it taking awhile, its an issue with them not taking 30 seconds to write an email that they are going to take a look or say that something is out of stock or waiting on restock. I’ve ordered from ORG before, had items get shipped quickly. Also had to cancel an order because they wouldn’t respond to emails and there was no update with the shipping for a week and I knew another place to get the part, which I needed quickly.

Customer service is the cornerstone of any business, if they don’t take a moment to respond to their customers then its not wrong for the customers to source the parts from another retailer. It’s also not wrong that some customers tolerate it, but tolerating it will reinforce the behavior.

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
880 Posts
I’ve got a buddy who can turn a wrench like no other. He has his day job at a tranny shop then he does his side work there too afterhours. He likes his $ and buys cool sh1t with it. And he makes damn good $.

Be patient. I’m getting to the point.

Every now and then I’ll need him. Either for advice or to help fix something I nuked, got in over my head on, or just am damn stupid clueless about.

So I’ll call him or text him.

The Pope is more likely to get back to me.

BUT - when we finally DO get together on my latest dilemma it’s like he’s the Wise Man on the Mountain. And sh1t gets done right. Instantly.

Is it inconvenient to wait and wait and wait then have to go bug him at the shop? Not anymore.
Cause it’s who he is.

And I respect that.

Reactions: JTD and rm975

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm sure @Wyo Wolverine would feel better if a simple follow up reply to his last inquiry was sent. I've been there too and am a firm believer that putting extra effort into customer communication will greatly outweigh slower shipping time. They might not be a big company and have resources to make mass communications, but that then falls on management/owners. Cost of having your own business.
And on the other hand, I've had great luck dealing with them and feel comfortable making purchases.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, however there are right ways and wrong ways to deal with things. And I do a shitload of shopping and business with scores of small businesses. And when things have gone wrong, they are more often than not, on top of their game dealing with things.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Running a small business is probably the hardest job a person can take on.

You lack the ability to compete with the purchase power of your major retailers which in turn forces you to work within a very small profit margin or lose a sale.

In addition, today's small businesses must compete with online stores which can undercut your prices , provide free shipping and promise a delivery within a couple days.

So why would a person deal with a smaller business rather than Amazon, Walmart etc etc etc.

A simple answer for sure.
Friendly customer support , professional advice and follow through after the sale.
Nevertheless, If you cannot be reached when needed, I may as well shop elsewhere.

When dealing with a friend which may charge a reduced fee or not at all, I will gladly bide my time until their available. However, if I'm spending full retail at a place of business, I expect a few courtesies such as responding to my questions within a reasonable amount of time. No, I dont expect to receive an immediate response, but definitely within a couple days.

Reactions: HanCholo

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’ve ordered from OG many times. As someone else said; it’s a small business. It can take a few days to get a reply from them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Running a small business is probably the hardest job a person can take on.

You lack the ability to compete with the purchase power of your major retailers which in turn forces you to work within a very small profit margin or lose a sale.

In addition, today's small businesses must compete with online stores which can undercut your prices , provide free shipping and promise a delivery within a couple days.

So why would a person deal with a smaller business rather than Amazon, Walmart etc etc etc.

A simple answer for sure.
Friendly customer support , professional advice and follow through after the sale.
Nevertheless, If you cannot be reached when needed, I may as well shop elsewhere.

When dealing with a friend which may charge a reduced fee or not at all, I will gladly bide my time until their available. However, if I'm spending full retail at a place of business, I expect a few courtesies such as responding to my questions within a reasonable amount of time. No, I dont expect to receive an immediate response, but definitely within a couple days.
Well said

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ordered a hood strut and a battery hold down 10/27
Got tracking 11/4.

Now just waiting...

·
Professional Amateur Wanderer
539 Posts
ORG has been really good about getting back to me in the past. They do get overwhelmed at times, but the stuff always shows up on my doorstep. Angel usually reaches out if there are unforeseen delays and has been very helpful in the past. They are a very small business from what I gather, but they have always stood behind their products, and I would gladly do business with them again in the future.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts