Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not 100% sure it works since it was my foremans' kid's graduation project. He removed the whole body and left the rest of it to rust in our driveway. He did weld some kind of rollbar on it and added some sheet metal to dress it up a bit. Its a '91 Blazer chassis with the flipped leafkit. Its going to be a pain the a$$ cause he snipped the ignition pack to power the engine and left the power steering pump hanging. Should I spend the money and toy with it? I'll get pics.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Hmm. Interesting. It is a rather large buggy.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Problem is, 91 Blazers have IFS. It's almost pointless to make it into a buggy unless you plan on swapping the axles.

Also, the 91's I think had 2.8L engines which were complete crap.

A friend of mine just sold her 92 junk blazer for $500 and it ran great and had a 3/4 ton TC and tranny in it. I looked at it and even with the larger TC and Tranny it wasn't worth trying to make it a trail only rig.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
When was the whole full size blazer to the little s-box blazer switch?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Mid 80's I think.

There might have even been some over lap.

I know in 83 there was a K5 Blazer and in 88 there was an S-10 Blazer.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awe...man. its ugly! ill get pix soon so that ill know if its worth it. and to let you know, its going to be a deer chaser.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lemme know what you think. keep in mind its free!

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown:-WOW, man I wouldn't take that abortion to a Jack Rabbit drag race--- :drunken: --JIMBO

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahahahahaha! yeah im pretty hesitant but it will be damn fun to beat it to death!

·
on line
291 Posts
I wouldn't dump too much money into it unless you want to finish what he started and turn it into a serious trail only rig.

Other than that, have fun with it and beat it to hell!

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, trail riding only cause for damn sure it doesnt pass for anything else.

the kid did the graduation project for a local tech school proving that he didnt learn anything in 4 years.

the other day we thought it would be fun to pick it up with the forklift truck and put it in our steel scrap bin.

·
on line
386 Posts
Maybe Ringling Brothers would be interested in it. :geek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts