Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Off Road Trailer, Hope to be Done by Spring

19K views 67 replies 32 participants last post by  Jmb1596 
#1 ·
As the title says, I hope to have it done by spring, plans are independent swing arm suspension with air bags. 360 coupler for the hitch and telescopic tongue. So far I have the tub bent and welded up and now on to the frame when time permits. It will have a hinged lid to accommodate a RTT.

See less See more
#3 ·
I just finished a car hauler so first thing was inspection form from police, then send that and vin # request form to DMV, you get the vin # back from the state, you attach that number (engraved or stamped) to the trailer and have that inspected by the police and they will verify its is there by signing a form you got with your vin # and send it to the DMV and then they send you a title. kind of a pain but not bad.

#19 ·
Sweet. I'll be checking back as this progresses.

Side bar: I love you military guys. Someone will post something and then its like
A: "oh that looks like a B5468-A39."
B: "Yep except I used the specs from the 675A civilians are morons model."
A: "Oh are you a ODB."
B: "Not yet but I finished my PRQ training last month and I am shipping off with the GRT next week.
A: "Nice. Semper Fi"
B: "Semper Fi"

#25 ·
I'm new to the X forum but not new to offload trailers. I had an amazing little trailer with 33's on it that I bought from a cat who custom made it for his Rock Jeep. He even had a swivel hitch so when he rocked the trailer went with him. I regret to say I sold it when I sold my jeep but your trailer build sure makes me want another one. Great job man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.