Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to get some feedback from my fellow forum members on my thought of a minor suspension upgrade. What do you guys think of putting the off-road model springs and shocks on a regular "S" trim Xterra? I see these shocks pop up occasionally and thought it could be a cheap upgrade. My X is a daily driver that may only see trails a few times a year-even then it is nothing too intense.
Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
2,233 Posts
So which are you asking about? Springs are a different part from shocks. You can change one, the other, or both.

·
on line
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will the shock and spring setup yield a slight lift?
Would just the springs do me any good-sticking with the standard S shocks?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
433 Posts
the off-road / pro4x shocks will be a little stiffer, and should hold up to slightly more abuse, but will not yield any lift.
IMO it is not worth doing unless yours are worn out and need replacing.

·
on line
14,613 Posts
I found new front Bilsteins and coils and rear Bilsteins for the cost of postage for my wife's 2005 Xterra.
Which had original stock S parts. this was a good upgrade for me.
and I put bumpstops.......Timbrens on the rear( good eBay deal) and Daystars(parts laying around my garage) on the front for a much better ride than she had on her rig.

Still needs a rear leaf pack eventually but this has helped her rig immensely

·
Registered
151 Posts
I put the bilsteins (4600HD) on my S when it came time for replacement - as I needed to replace them anyways, the upgrade was welcome and the drive was much better on and off the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts