Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Off road lights panel with lights will cost you $200+

What else do you need? Roof basket? Bars going front to back?
Is your roof with bars or bare? Picture would help.
You will need to make a hole in the roof if you don’t have a hole there (pro 4x has a hole)

What @Ssanders224 was saying is that stock off-road light setup is not worth it. Too much spread, not enough throw (they are not spot but also flood lights).
And you need stock wiring, maybe a harness. Where will your switch inside be?

I removed my pro 4x lights and replaced them with $320 per pair Baja S2 Pro lights. Held by stock M6 bolts. A year later I added yellow lights. Others use a light bar to hold 4 lights.
mine are small lights but powerful enough for me. I didn’t want a light bar.
Car Tire Wheel Automotive carrying rack Sky

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Baja S2 Sport are half my price above.

If you really want stock Nissan off road lights, put a wanted ad on here or look on eBay or here. It will be for looks only and you will get hood flare and no adjustability. I can turn mine up down and sideways. If mine break from a rock, I replace $15 front glass element only.

my stock off-road light broke within 1 month and 1,000 miles. I didn’t cover them ever. Bigger rock target than my current ones too.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
stock wiring photos for off-road lights:

Other thread with off road lights talk:

My lights, and inside switches

·
Registered
2010...4x4..
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Off road lights panel with lights will cost you $200+

What else do you need? Roof basket? Bars going front to back?
Is your roof with bars or bare? Picture would help.
You will need to make a hole in the roof if you don’t have a hole there (pro 4x has a hole)

What @Ssanders224 was saying is that stock off-road light setup is not worth it. Too much spread, not enough throw (they are not spot but also flood lights).
And you need stock wiring, maybe a harness. Where will your switch inside be?

I removed my pro 4x lights and replaced them with $320 per pair Baja S2 Pro lights. Held by stock M6 bolts. A year later I added yellow lights. Others use a light bar to hold 4 lights.
mine are small lights but powerful enough for me. I didn’t want a light bar.
View attachment 147207
If you have your pro 4x lights plus panel (roof)..let me know...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2011 P4x. My OEM roof lights throw a long distance & spread wide so I can see what is about to jump out in front of me. I also have a very powerful lighter and 2 round driving lights that are even more powerful than the roof boobs. I never have them covered as I use all of them regularly (I live in a rural mountain area in Oregon). I'm partial to the new Baja Designs lights, which I also have on my FJ40 Landcruiser, as they are powerful & durable, but not cheap.

·
Registered
'06 Off Road & '11 Pro-4X
212 Posts
I don't want modifying nothing...Just add the OEM Off Road lights and panel...
Adding the factory roof lights is not going to be a strictly plug & play deal. You will need to drill a hole in the roof, install a grommet, figure out a way to protect that hole from water/rain and install & route wiring from the roof down to the dash.

·
Registered
2010...4x4..
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a 2011 P4x. My OEM roof lights throw a long distance & spread wide so I can see what is about to jump out in front of me. I also have a very powerful lighter and 2 round driving lights that are even more powerful than the roof boobs. I never have them covered as I use all of them regularly (I live in a rural mountain area in Oregon). I'm partial to the new Baja Designs lights, which I also have on my FJ40 Landcruiser, as they are powerful & durable, but not cheap.
Hi, have you the roof too?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts