Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help guys,
For some reason my off road lights won't turn on. They were working fine just about a month ago.
I checked the fuse under the hood and looks fine. I turn on the brights and push the button but nothing happens. This Driving me crazy.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Doesnt work with the brights or doesnt work at all?

Fogs turn off when brights are on. I would not be surprised if the same idea is applied to the pro-4x roof lights.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Fogs turn off when brights are on. I would not be surprised if the same idea is applied to the pro-4x roof lights.
Opposite... You can ONLY turn on the off-road lights when the brights are on. I think that's a little silly, although it's probably saved some retinas on the roadway...

Is your engine running? Mine won't work unless the engine is running; it won't work on auxilary power

·
on line
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried it both ways, with the engine running and with the engine off. I tried looking for a fuse in the glove box but couldn't really find anything for the lights.
Mr Scott, what's the cover switches?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
there is a switch that stops your lights from turning on if one or both covers are installed. the fuses in the glove box won't say OR lights. its something stupid like break light or something like that

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah there's magnets on the bottom corner of the covers with a signal wire behind them. If you don't have BOTH covers off, it won't turn the lights on.

·
on line
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did see something that said break light on one of the fuses in the glove box. I'm going to go check it right now.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
if you sit in your truck ( radio off) with the engine running, turn on the high beams and push the OR light button, do you hear a click ?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
just looked through the thread that I linked. the OR light are tied into the back door lock module. that might be the one fuse that is burned out if that is your issue

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
just looked through the thread that I linked. the OR light are tied into the back door lock module. that might be the one fuse that is burned out if that is your issue
yep, there is no fuse labeled "off road lights" it is piggybacked off another circuit. i had mine burn a fuse and it took the multimeter to find the burnt one. the circuit label is not intuitive. also the e-lsd is on another circuit with a funny name that makes no sense, so if you notice the slip light just flashes while you one wheel peel, check those fuses in the glove box. i started a thread on it back when i found it a couple years ago.

ETA: i forgot to mention that the OR light system is a wierd setup, run positive ground, meaning the + is hot all the time via the fuse box, and the negative side of the relay is switched. so if you check the positive side of the relay under the drivers dash, and get nothing, your problem is likely the fuse behind the glove box. what a goofy wierd setup.

·
on line
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maillet you were right about the back door module fuse, that was the problem. Switched out the burnt fuse and the work just fine now.

Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts