Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm at a bit of a stand still after installing four Hella 550's on top of my truck. I got two to work, and then they quit working. I'm 96% sure all of the wiring is right. For a while I thought I didn't have a proper ground, but I ran a wire to the lights outside of the car from the battery just for testing purposes and it still did nothing. I could really use some help, thanks.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Take a DMM and start testing points for power and ground. Test at the switch, at the relay, etc. see where you lose it. Make sure the switches and relays aren't connected incorrectly. It's pretty basic trouble shooting, I'm not sure what you looking to the forum for. We can't put the multimeter on the switch and hold it for you ya know. :dontknow: If they were working and stopped, look for blown fuses or meted wiring harness. Are you running a relay? If not it could be too much power for the switch and melted the switch. Are you running thick enough wire gauge? Etc...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Two relays or each pair or lights. I have tested everything and can't figure it out. I'll get someone to look at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts