Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, this is a stupid question, but.............what does OEM stand for?

I know if I ask this on the other website I will get burned.

Just wondering. :drunken:

·
on line
559 Posts
Smart man. You know that this is the "nicer" board. It must just be the 1st gen guys who are a**holes. Because all the 2nd Gen guys on that board are here, too.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
But don't confuse it with OME.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
max6spd said:
Smart man. You know that this is the "nicer" board. It must just be the 1st gen guys who are a**holes. Because all the 2nd Gen guys on that board are here, too.
Engine envy. The only cure is to spend $25,000. :)

·
on line
3,217 Posts
x3.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Nicer has nothing to do with 1st vs 2nd, and everything to do with our Godfather's offer we can't refuse...

(A fun way of saying Dan Galusha rocks and made this the place it is!)

·
on line
1,479 Posts
max6spd said:
Talk about major butt-kissing. :)

Still, I do have to agree it is thanks to Dan and the other moderators

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Technically, OEM (original equipment mfr) is whoever makes the part(s) for the final product, which means Nissan is not always the oem on specific part within the vehicle. Most auto mfrs source parts from all sorts of suppliers, including this one.

The term is thrown around for anything you could get at nissan dealer as a replacement, for the most part. Probably not right, but accepted....it is like calling an exhaust tube a pipe, an engine a motor, or a screw a bolt (which is only true if it has a nut).

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts
Technically, OEM (original equipment mfr) is whoever makes the part(s) for the final product, which means Nissan is not always the oem on specific part within the vehicle. Most auto mfrs source parts from all sorts of suppliers, including this one.

The term is thrown around for anything you could get at nissan dealer as a replacement, for the most part. Probably not right, but accepted....it is like calling an exhaust tube a pipe, an engine a motor, or a screw a bolt (which is only true if it has a nut).
The last post was 10.5 years ago. How the heck did you stumble on this one?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Lol, whoa how weird...it was a new post (bold) when I clicked it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts