Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey Guys,

i have stock rear springs and shackles with brand new bilstein 5100's. seems to me that it is weirdly soft in the rear as i hit small dips ( at normal speed ) and it feels like it bottoms out? is this normal with stock springs? seems to me they are worn out and need replacement.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
hey Guys,

i have stock rear springs and shackles with brand new bilstein 5100's. seems to me that it is weirdly soft in the rear as i hit small dips ( at normal speed ) and it feels like it bottoms out? is this normal with stock springs? seems to me they are worn out and need replacement.
Completely normal (for an Xterra) there are tons of forums here with people talking about their fixes, I went with Timbrens for mine.

·
Registered
2008 Xterra Off Road
1,708 Posts
Yes, the X is know to be undersprung from the factory. Many do an add a leaf (AAL) or replace the spring pack completely which is the better option if you have some miles on your truck.

Options available from Timbren as stated before, Deaver, Alcan, and I believe OME.

·
on line
97 Posts
After 165k miles I just replaced my OEM rear leafs that had an AAL for the last 130k miles. I put in the Old Man Emu HD from Nisstech, they are awesome. It even gave me 2 inches extra. I'm going to add the new BFG KO2 in 285 75 R16 once they are available. I highly reccomend Nisstech and the OME set.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
hey Guys,

The problem is lack of suspension travel and poorly designed overload leafs. Brand new Xterras do it too. Mine did. You have three options. Get aftermarket leaf packs with a higher spring rate, lift your Xterra, or Timbrens.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts