Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I have a couple of questions about the OEM Nissan towing harness for the Xterra.

The description on the website says "7 pin", is it 7-blade (flat) or 7-round?

Also does anyone have a diagram showing which lights are wired to which pins, etc.?

I want to make sure it matches my trailer. I know they're generally supposed to be standardized, but I've had problems in the past where the patterns are different. Also, I have a 7-blade on my trailer, so I need to know if I need to rewire the OEM Nissan harness to that (or if it's already 7-blade).

·
Registered
550 Posts
It's a 7 blade and that's about as far as my experience goes. the pins (blades) should be universally wired.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 7 blade and that's about as far as my experience goes. the pins (blades) should be universally wired.
Thanks, I appreciate it!

I had a lot of wiring problems last year when I was trying to tow with my old Wagoneer. I had to rewire new plugs on both the Wagoneer and the trailer. But I'm fairly sure I used the "standard" wiring scheme (it was something else originally). Sounds like it'll probably be the same as the Nissan one, but hopefully I can find a wiring diagram to double check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts