Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I put on a gibson cat back about 2 weeks ago and I am noticing a rough idle, I did unplug the battery as to reset the ECM to adjust for the new toy. is this normal with a high flow exhaust, or could this be caused by somthing else?

I am not sure if i re-connected the grouding strap on the exhaust, and its too dark/cold to check it now could that be an issue?

could it be bad gas?

HELP! :sign6:

·
on line
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea...even got new gaskets, no leaks at all I made sure of that

·
on line
327 Posts
found this its off the nissan 350z cat back exhaust....

To get optimal performance from the addition of any performance modification on fuel injected vehicles, the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) computer will need to be adjusted .The OEM computer will adjust immediately if it is reset. This is a simple procedure done by removing the negative battery cable from the battery for a minimum of 5 minutes which will reset the computer and enable it to adapt to the addtional part(s). At this point you just drive the vehicle and the computer does the rest. During this learning process your vehicle may have a rough idle, DO NOT be alarmed the idle will smooth out after a few minutes of driving and the vehicle being shut off and restarted a couple of times. Enjoy the added Performance!

·
on line
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did unplug it, but not for 5 min...more like 2 or 3 ill try that

·
on line
327 Posts
try it and drive it around and start and turn it off that should work. my check engine light came on after i replaced my pos battery connector and nissan told me i had to drive it over 50 mph for a like 40 miles or so then the light went off, might be that way for all computer prombles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts