Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around on eBay and found this salvage Xterra. Listing shows it’s a 2012 model. I see several oddities in the pictures that just don’t look right. Anyone else spot any?

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Things I spotted

4.0 S badging, only one I have ever seen that had that was a pre production 05 at the factory.

“S” with chrome headlights, roof lights (you can see gray plug for switch), leather wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, white face gauges, and leather seats.

Also interesting that the factory build sheet is laying on the floor.

Looks like a PRO-4X with the wrong badge on it.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I say stolen and stripped the stereo and wet box. If it had been flood the seats would be gone since the interior door panel is missing and the bottom of the dash and stereo and the top plate of the center console. Likely had a nice aftermarket system in it and they were after the amps and checked to see if it was worth taking the speakers. This might tell us that the owner had put the badges on the back personally just because that was what he/she wanted it to say.

But then again, I have never seen what they take out after flood damage so I could be way off too.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do they build the ones that are exported here? I thought they just built the US and Canada models here.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Post a link to the evilbay, please. My 2012 was just "stolen" and taken to a salvage yard as well. I got it back, but this seems fishy to me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
^^and the spedo is definitely in KMs.
Posted via Mobile Device
In the picture the speedo indicates a top speed of 140....that is not KPH because that would mean the max indicated speed on the speedo is equivalent to about 87 mph.

It is a 2012 US market Pro-4X.

Idk where the badges came from...could be any number of reasons...previous customer liked the look, someone at the junk yard wanted PRO-4X badges, etc....whatever the reason it likely alsmost certainly did not come from the factory like that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts