Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got a set of B pipes from prerunner parts and now I'm throwing a P0057 Code (bank 2 sensor 2) for my O2 sensor. It means the heater in it is broken? Should I just replace it? also is it ok to drive it like this? I have to drive about 200 miles the end of this week and just want to make sure I won't be doing any damage. Thanks.

·
on line
2,044 Posts
you might have melted the o2 sensor.. check the other side to make sure its clear from the pipes... check the side where the code is coming from and inspect to see if wire is touching the pipe. not sure if you can replace the wire...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I took the sensor out and took a multimeter to it and between the two heater wires there was no resistance reading...dead. I had to get a new one from Auto Zone (a direct fit one) for $116, cleared the code with my ScanGauge II and the code has not come back. I did test the new one just to make sure I was testing the correct wires and there's resistance, so it's all good now. I knew an impact gun on O2 was a bad idea because they're sensitive to shock but I did it anyway on that one, dumb. Oh, well.

·
Veteran
623 Posts
Just curious... are you running headers with those B-Pipes? I was thinking of getting the DT LT headers and B-pipes to put in with my exhaust that i put in but didn't want a code light on after the install.

Thanks!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am running Doug Thorley Shorties with the B-Pipes, and I am not throwing a code. If you do long tubes you WILL throw a code because you are now deleting your primary cats as well.

My exhaust is like this

DT Shorties -> Primary Cats -> B-Pipes -> DynoMax Y-Pipe -> Thrush Welded Muffler -> DynoMax Tailpipe.

Sounds great up to 3000RPMS after that its raspy ricer, but its only if you're really mashing the gas like you're trying to test your 0-60. Sounds like a vintage muscle car as long as you drive normal, motivation for me not to drive like an A-Hole.

·
Veteran
623 Posts
That's what I figured, running the long-tube without the cats will throw a code. I live in a county that doesn't test emissions so I don't have to worry about that. Will consider the shorties as well but had my mind set on the long- tubes. Will be looking forward to seeing your write- up.

Thanks!

·
on line
504 Posts
That's what I figured, running the long-tube without the cats will throw a code. I live in a county that doesn't test emissions so I don't have to worry about that. Will consider the shorties as well but had my mind set on the long- tubes. Will be looking forward to seeing your write- up.

Thanks!

It will only throw the code until you just cut the wires, and extend them. That is what I had to do with my LT. No more codes....

·
Veteran
623 Posts
It will only throw the code until you just cut the wires, and extend them. That is what I had to do with my LT. No more codes....
Noted... thanks!

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Also interested in the detailed review; and hopefully a few clips for audio, if possible.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In all my 5 seconds of research on the long tubes I didn't read that anywhere, lol, good to know though! I doubt I would be able to get away with that in CT though. Still not sure about the secondary cat delete, but I'll find out when testing time comes. I should be fine though as I am not throwing any codes.

I'll make sure to include some little vids of the exhaust for you guys too. If not today then tomorrow sometime, in the process of buying/selling a house.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts