Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my (Cali) catalytic converter replaced $$$$$ which includes the O2 sensor. Now the O2 sensor won't show ready. I've driven it, the mechanic's driven it... I want to shoot the car, torch it, have it restored and shoot it again.

I've found out the O2 sensor not showing ready is another issue with Nissians.
I called the local Nissian service garage and they don't know of any firmware updates to fix this, and they wouldn't tell me if there is a fix. All they said was to bring it in. Thanks. That's helpful.

This forum is my Yoda of Xterra wisdom.
Have any of you encountered this? What did you do to get the sensor to trip?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I've found out the O2 sensor not showing ready is another issue with Nissians.
Hmm, first I have heard this is an issue - and I have been around a while? Sounds like someone is trolling you.

Anyway - how far have you driven it - and what's the longest trip. It has to see a certain number of cycles, and it has to see them when the engine is at full operating temperature along with a bunch of other things. It can take a number of miles to do so - and if your only short tripping it - it may never get there. Or maybe your T-stat is stuck open and your never getting to full operating temperature - what temp does your OBD reader tell you?

I would go to nico club and download the engine control section "EC" and start reading. It lists all the things that need to happen to set the system to ready.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts