Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Folks-- I started with a custom SS cat-back and now i can't stop. I ordered new headers, high-flow cats, resonators, and I have a guy fabbing up down tubes--i know my x is not a race car and well aware that the performance increase will probably be comprable to adding a whale tale to the roof but whatever--i have issues. The problem is i need to extend the post-cat o2 wires. For the record-- i don't even like to look directly at o2 sensors for fear of reliving a check-engine-light fiasco i had with an 03 pathy-------- i just got a shiver- anyway, splicing the wires is not an option for obvious reasons--- does anyone know of an alternate fix?

my thoughts so far:

--maybe pathfinder o2 wires are longer
--maybe universal aftermarket extenders will fit-like these
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...I-109006&N=700+400325+310938+115&autoview=sku
-- or maybe i should stop

Anything?

·
on line
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s what I hear. The metal composition is different (I think silver) and any electrical variant from a bad crimp or weird metal in the crimp can cause a problem. I hear soldering is out as well due to an issue with heat transfer and the chemicals found in the solder. It's very possible that I’m over analyzing this and I am aware that they sell o2 w/o connections which makes it necessary to splice, but even that can cause an issue—that’s probably why there is such a price diff from the direct-connect sensors. I think it’s going to be a matter of bothering the F out of the parts guy at my local dealer. I need a good 12� more in length—we’re talking sensor wire of course. Any sugestions would be helpfull

·
on line
564 Posts
Don't know if this applies to our X or not, but I spliced the O2 sensor wires on my '03 Mustang and had no problems.

Rob

·
on line
133 Posts
I extended the o2 on my spec V with no boo boo's.

I used 14 gauge wire and wirepack connectors, solder, heat shrink and corregated wire mgmnt to shield the wires. 40,000 miles later and all is well.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
I don't worry about the 02 wires...I have an 06 :geek:

·
on line
2,938 Posts
RogueClimber said:
I don't worry about the 02 wires...I have an 06 :geek:
Somethings never change! :bootyshake:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts