Trim: X 4x4 6MT (no power package)
Color: Midnight Blue

MODS

Exterior:
Passenger Gobi Ladder
Off Road Trim Wheels
Goodyear Wrangler RT/S
Roof bar CB antenna mount
Xoskel Bumper Mouth Bracket (needs to be installed)
Southco locking wetbox handle
175 lb rear hatch struts
Vent visor things
Window screens for sleeping in the back

Lighting:
Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofit with HIDs (sale thread)
LightFORCE 240 Blitz - I think I am going to sell these since I am moving out of Alaska soon and bought a 20" LED lightbar instead
20" Totron Lightbar (using the bumper mouth bracket):

Interior:
Converted instrument cluster to white LEDs
Converted Stereo to white LEDs
Upgraded HVAC controls (how-to)
Ignition Ring LED (how-to)
Auto-Dimming Mirror (how-to)
Cargo Area Shelf (more pics and design)
OTRATTW Switches (LED swap how-to)
Nissan GPS Docking Station with nuvi 765T
Mag-light mounts on front doors (product)
Front Weathertech floormats
Raingler Upper-half divider with footman loop tie downs

Audio:
Upgraded to Rockford Fosgate Headunit with Aux-in (detailed pics)
Sony XM-GTX6040 600W Amp
Front Speakers - Infinity Reference 9633cf
Rear Speakers - Infinity Reference 6032cf
Tweeters - Infinity Reference 1031t (installed with bracket)
RF Factory Underseat Subwoofer (bought from a member here)
Rockford Fosgate R250X1 Mono Amp

Electrical:
Compustar CM4200M remote starter (was installed when I bought it)
Power locks (how-to on CF)
Front power windows (auto-up/down control module)
400W Inverter with outlets in center console (more pics)
Interior lighting override switch from OTRATTW (on the right)
Clutch bypass and relocate VDC
Realistic CB Install

Suspension:
Hellwig EZ-550 helper springs (product page)

Comments::
Purchased August 29, 2011 with 28k miles
Most of my mods are interior and anything I can do myself for cheap (broke college student)
Haven't really off-roaded much but would love to find people to go with

PHOTOS

Day I bought it:

First photoshoot:

My dash:

The cargo rack I built (my favorite mod):

Stopped for lunch on my big Alaska to NY trip:

(trip thread w/ pics)
Towing my parents boat:

Stampede Trail near Healy, Alaska:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nothing crazy but my first time toying around off road

In my defense there was a lot better action than this but no pics or vids...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice!

Pix 8-10 up around Murphy Dome?
Actually they're on a road I found off the top-of the world highway when I was heading back to Alaska through the Yukon Territory.

The road was extremely muddy and it was just me and my buddy in The Xterra so no one to recover if we got stuck so once it started going down a steep hill we turned back. I just did some google maps searching and it looks like the road winds up in Clinton Creek, Yukon A mining ghost town. Would have been really cool to head out there with another rig on a dryer day and explore. There were dozens of roads that just wind down into the valleys I wish I could have checked out.
The coordinates for the turnoff are 64.21952,-140.31601

The video in the second post is just North of Denali Park on the Stampede Trail. Also a place I'd love to try to make it further down with another rig.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Interior lighting override switch
What is this? How is it done? I do like the idea of being able to turn off the lights.
Does it turn off all interior lights?

Looks like your truck is coming along nicely.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahh yes, that's my favorite. A lot of other vehicles I've seen come with a switch that can be seen in this picture or similar
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8H4PlH4Go...nder+Hybrid+rear+view+mirror+glass+holder.jpg

It's a three-position switch. One side (down for mine) cuts all power to the interior overhead lights. Middle is normal, so they come on with the doors or if someone in the back turns them on. And the other side (up for mine) forces the lights to come on.

I've always hated having to reach back and flip the dome light on. Now, flipping that switch turns on the main and rear dome lights. Or turns them off if you are out stargazing/camping and don't want to blind yourself when you open the door.

Unfortunately, out of sheer laziness I didn't incorporate the very far back cargo light but that could be done if you wanted.

It required one relay for the bypass and cutting/taping into wires from this connector located in the drivers side A-pillar.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/neubs3000/DSC_1456.jpg
(you can actually see my relay stuffed down at the bottom)
Here's the exact switch body that's required (ON-ON-ON)
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...00-000/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt%2bZbscA2DaEq8n3soWGgdq
And I had OTRATTW make me a custom rocker for it (that switch comes with no rocker). I'm sure he still has the image on file but here it is anyway:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/neubs3000/BN.png

If you want to do this mod, order the parts and I can draw you up the schematic for which wires to cut/tap :)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^ yeah that would be awesome! I have to keep the heat on full blast and recirculate to sufficiently warm up the cabin. also my remote start ceased functioning a few days ago which is just great
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Can you say BLock heater and battery blanket lol we get about the same weather here in the flat lands of canada but ours is with the wind chill factored in

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks! I can't imagine wind on top of this, that'd be brutal. I'm from upstate NY where it's constantly windy and the air is a lot more humid so it's a totally different cold. This will most likely be my last winter here before I head back to the east coast.

I should also mention that just before I took those pics there was a girl out there in some fine lingerie getting her 40 below club pic taken. I would have grabbed a pic but I felt like a creep. I did mine last year (minus the fine lingerie part), search google or facebook for 40 below club if you don't believe me people do it haha
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, SPST momentary is correct. There should be 4 wires, 2 for the switch and 2 for illumination - what model OTRATTW switch do you have?

·
on line
3,673 Posts
Yeah, SPST momentary is correct. There should be 4 wires, 2 for the switch and 2 for illumination - what model OTRATTW switch do you have?
My switch wires are red black brown and grey. I got a 6 pin SPST switch with the top two terminals being for the top light, the bottom two being for the bottom light, and an incoming out outgoing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts