Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I tried NuFinish Scratch Remover to eliminate some scratches. Pictures of the black car won't do the justice because of the reflection, but I am fairly satisfied with the product. The first time I applied it, it looked like it did not work. Perhaps I buffed it out too quickly. I applied a second coat (a thick one too) and let it dry for 10 minutes. After some buffing the car looked amazing. I'd recommend it for some light work.

·
on line
5,614 Posts
I gotta tell ya when I was out on my last run my truck had just been waxed the week before. When I came home I saw all the scratches from all the trees, etc. and I figured oh well some pin striping was bound to happen. Well a week later when I finally got around to washing it all the scratches were gone. I owe it to having a nice coat of wax on it beforehand. Scratches on the bumper (plastic) though are here to stay.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Kahuna, it's cause our X's are white, lol. They hide the fine detail of pin-stripping.

·
on line
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Having a black car does suck... I figured out that to minimize the number of scratches I have to wax hard before and after hitting trails. It has worked fine for me, but some nasty scratches are starting to appear already. It only has been 1 year :(

·
on line
2,125 Posts
i have 1 major scratch on my red brawn and its the whole length of the passenger side. i have a few light scratches that when i wax it they disappear. the major one though is a PITA to take care of. it didnt take any paint off, just more or less scratched the clear coat. i used turtle wax's rubbing compound along with a good cleaner wax and that scratch just disappeared. i have not tried the Nufinish scratch remover, but IMO just using a light rubbing compound and a good wax should be good enough.

·
on line
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, that's what I do most of the time.. This case was exceptional. I use Mother's (TM) products.

·
on line
623 Posts
luckily i have not had one single scratch or ding in the last 11 months since I bought the car......almost 18,000 miles on it. woohooo! i'll keep nufinish in mind when my streak comes to an end
________
celesteHot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts