Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is what my whistle type noise is coming from under the hood. I posted about it one time before. It's intensity kinda goes along with the rpm's. Its really audible betwen 2k and 3k rpm's.
Anyone had this issue addressed under this bulliten? it looks to be pretty time consuming. Sucks nissan leaves you without a vehicle while making repairs.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Dude thats so weird... I get the same thing!!!! You think this might be the cause??? :dontknow:

LOL, just messing man... sorry I havent heard anything like that before. The only thing I can think of would be your speakers (road noise). so if you have aftermarket speakers put the CD on pause, turn the stereo up full blast and see if you can hear anything coming from them. Other than that, i dont know.

·
on line
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Muzikman said:
Mine makes funny noises, but it's the bearings in my 2nd alterenator.
Never thoguht about the alternator. Thats what the damn thing sounds like. That whinning sound.

No its not the speakers, and I wish it was a supercharger :thumbright:

·
on line
423 Posts
if it is kind of a chirping noise / squaling noise, the belt tensioner may be bad. it is an item with a service bulletin. if it is the tensioner, you will more than likely get a new belt and tensioner covered.

or, just install a supercharger like SEXTerra, and you won't hear that annoying sound any longer!!!

·
on line
874 Posts
JtaoJ said:
if it is kind of a chirping noise / squaling noise, the belt tensioner may be bad. it is an item with a service bulletin. if it is the tensioner, you will more than likely get a new belt and tensioner covered.

or, just install a supercharger like SEXTerra, and you won't hear that annoying sound any longer!!!
look for a small family of birds... :geek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts