Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met with a friend that has an '06 OR w/mt this weekend. We decided to do a not so scientific test of the differences between our trucks. Mine: Custom exhaust, drop in K&N, Sliders, and me weighing 250lbs. His: 100% stock, him weighing 180lbs. Both of us were on cell phones with a headset so we could talk (taunt) eachother. On a private road we started out side by side in third gear @ 40 MPH, on the signal we dropped the hammers accelerating to 6000 RPM and shifting to 4th, accelerating to 6000 RPM and shifting to 5th, and running to the speed governor and holding that speed until we passed a "finish line". From the 40 MPH "hammer down" my truck started to pull ahead, I reached the 6000 RPM shift point 3-4 seconds before the other X, by the time we reached the "finish line" I had 2 - 2.5 car lengths on him. We returned to the start line and swapped vehicles to make sure that the difference wasn't driver related. We ended up with the same results. Conclusion, there is quite a difference between the stock exhaust and air filter and the after market parts that are available. Sorry I have no video of this because we were too excited and forgot the camcorder. That really sucks because I want to hear my exhaust at WOT.

·
on line
589 Posts
Just out of curiosity, you mentioned your setup but you didn't his. Was his car MT or AT?

From racing I have done in my day, a lot of exhaust and intake is all related to higher RPM racing anyways...at least with smaller engines. (Coming from someone who had a bored out V8 5.0L Mustang)

·
TNX Administrator
20,248 Posts
Erick said:
Just out of curiosity, you mentioned your setup but you didn't his. Was his car MT or AT?
His friend had a '06 OR w/MT and his was a '06 OR w/MT.

·
on line
67 Posts
Re: Not so Scientific road test...sorry we forgot the camcor

JAdams said:
Mine: Custom exhaust, drop in K&N, Sliders, and me weighing 250lbs. His: 100% stock, him weighing 180lbs.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Fast and the Furious Reno! Right on :cheers:

·
on line
29 Posts
Had a Magnaflow exhaust installed this morning.

Had a Magnaflow exhaust installed this morning. There was another X at the shop-stock and same tires. We went to the edge of town and had an impromptu drag race to see if the new exhaust did any good. I beat him to 60 by a car length and a half and was pulling away. I guess it was a good investment.

there w3as

·
on line
29 Posts
Boy! did I screw that one up

·
on line
81 Posts
Duck said:
why can't i see the pictures????
I can't see them either

1 - 13 of 13 Posts