Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
on line
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a good story what so ever. This happened about 10pm Sunday. I ended up falling asleep at the wheel. Most people like to take their trucks in the water. Well not like this. I ran off the road and into a river. The water was about 6 foot deep. I think. I also had a five foot drop before I even went into the water. The only thing you could see the next day is the roof rack in the rear. I will be posting some pics as soon as I can. All I can say is that I am very thankful to be here today with very little injuries.

Now for the next thing. I MIGHT be selling my shrock front and radflo's and deaver pack. The only reason I would even consider this is if I can't find another one I want soon. I don't want to get any hopes up but just something I wanted to let everyone know about. Just in case I do get rid of the stuff.

·
on line
610 Posts
Sorry to read this. I hope things work out for you. I rolled my 03 X on a mountain turn, flipped upside down and the guard rail smashed through the roof and tapped my head, so I completely understand what you mean by feeling thankful for being here.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
no joke. glad everyone is ok and no one got hurt. toys can be replaced. we can't

·
on line
671 Posts
WOW..
thank GOD you're alive!

·
on line
1,231 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok! That IS really scary. I fell asleep at the wheel once and ran my 91 Eclipse GSX into a guardrail so I know how you feel.

·
on line
50 Posts
Like previously mentioned toys can be replaced. Glad you're OK.

Shoot me a PM if you get serious about selling. I'm in STL, MO.

Steve

·
on line
148 Posts
Glad your OK, if the X was submerged that long, I assume it's being totaled?

·
on line
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The X will be totaled as soon as they can get to it. With all the rain and snow it is tuff to get to. They are talking about divers and kinds of stuff. Even said something along the line of a crane to get it. I am not for sure what they plan on but I am sure it will be some major deal.

Not that the loss of the X was not a big deal but more than that was lost I lost my pc which had a bunch of info on it. Start back over is about all you can do at this point.

I want to thank all who have replied. This site is amazing how everyone pulls for one another.

I would never wish this on anyone. The feeling of death is not something I ever want to feel again nor do I wish it on anyone.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
damn scary story. glad youre in one piece. now about those radflows...kidding.

-dan

·
on line
50 Posts
Losing the PC woud be a TOTAL pain. You never think about ALL the stuff you need to backup until something like that happens....

Steve

·
on line
108 Posts
So glad to hear you are ok sorry about the truck and PC, But those can be replaced you on the other hand can not. Divers and cranes huh that does not sound good or cheap. So what happened? we know you fell asleep did you wake up in the river or in the air What did you remember. Near death accidents sure wake you up but the good thing it reminds you how great and precious life is. I had a scare back in high school makes you think twice.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts