Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posted pics last week of 2" spacers to go on top of stuts,raised the front end Higher than the back,thoght it was going to "Level" it..Well, its a week later and now it is level..dropped fast. I bought AC shackles for it and now if i put them the back will be jacked up again..

I decided to surprise my wife with my 2x4(Only 3500 k ) an by a 4x4..cant help it!!.. Want to start from scratch and lift...Whats the final word from you guys who did it and wished you done it differen???

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Can't say I wish I would have really done anything different as I got what came out when it came out. I'll be redoing it again here soon and currently I like the Total Chaos UCA's and RadFlo coilovers from Pre-Runner Greg (PRG). I would also go Alcan rear spring pack. That would be a solid setup. The only thing I can see being a PITA is having to clean th uni-ball on the UCA.

Which, does anyone know, is that uniball rebuildable?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
I did have AC springs in front, AC shackles in rear, and Rancho 9000's all around. I ran that setup for about four or five months.

Now i have Radflo coilovers and TC UCA's. And I have Alcan springs on order. And I wouldnt trade this set up for anything in the world (well maybe for the SLR lift)

If you have the money and want a moderate lift, that would be my only suggestion.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Sexterra, since I'm going to be running your exact same old set-up, and it's probably one that will be popular with people on a budget...

What's a few things you would complain about with your old set-up?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Uhhh, the shocks look ten years old (beat up to shit). The springs are starting to bow a little bit, like they are under uneven compression or they are under too much compression. The ride was a lot stiffer than what im running now (you feel small bumps alot more).

Hmmm, what else... I would hear a strange popping noise after hitting a bump while turning. I dont know if turning had anything to do with it but it was definitely the shock being over extended. It always scares me when i hear weird noises that i know arent supposed to be there.

Other than that they are great... :pukeleft: :pukeright:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts