Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on North Idaho or Montana for a 3 day trip.
Have looked a little around pinehurst and a little up in the Kootenai National Forest but do not want to spend the whole day driving well groomed forest service roads.
Was going to do Magruder pass from Idaho to Montana but found out it was closed due to fire.

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats correct. I'll take my wussed out 2013 Pathfinder for going to the Sun. I just want to go try to get stuck somewhere.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So did our 3 days of backcountry driving. Afterwards, my friend who was skeptical about the xterra keeping up said he was impressed and that where ever I pointed it went. I even had to pull him out once.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
271 Posts
Did not see if you got an answer or not to this, but the white flowers you said you saw growing all over the place are called Beargrass.

I am moving to NW Montana in... one day! I leave tomorrow and am excited to explore the backcountry (in xterra, on foot, by mountain bike and kayak).

·
Registered
236 Posts
Any suggestions on North Idaho or Montana for a 3 day trip.
Have looked a little around pinehurst and a little up in the Kootenai National Forest but do not want to spend the whole day driving well groomed forest service roads.
Was going to do Magruder pass from Idaho to Montana but found out it was closed due to fire.

Thanks
hey i don't know if you guys already went or are planning on going to montana again any time soon but i just talked to my brother-in-law and my wife who lived there for 20 years and i was informed Ashley lake, Patrick creek, and any side road is good really.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts