Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Professional Amateur Wanderer
477 Posts
I got my tickets for Pacificon 2018 and the Antenna Forum that Friday. It's always full of interesting presentations, some of which are over my head. It gets real entertaining when Ed Fong starts throwing questions at people on the stage trying to sell stuff without explaining the science behind it. Hope to see some of you there.

October 19-21 , 2018 http://pacificon.org/
I scored some fun stuff at the swap meet early Sunday morning last year.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey, I am in Mountain View and I just got my Ham license too. Heading up to Ham Radio Outlet in Oakland this weekend to try to figure out a good starter mobile radio and antenna setup. I am leaning towards the Kenwood TM 281a but I also found a used Kenwood TM D700 for $200! Hopefully I will have one of those installed by this Sunday :)

My Call sign is KM6EB.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Nice..
Kennwood is Good worthy company...
I run a ICOM, mobile and base.
and a crappy Ya-su Hand Held.. ;-(

·
Same Country as Bucksnort
14,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Hey, I am in Mountain View and I just got my Ham license too. Heading up to Ham Radio Outlet in Oakland this weekend to try to figure out a good starter mobile radio and antenna setup. I am leaning towards the Kenwood TM 281a but I also found a used Kenwood TM D700 for $200! Hopefully I will have one of those installed by this Sunday :)

My Call sign is KM6EB.
Belatedly

k1mj has PASSED his ham EXAM!!!!!!!!

I must scream it to the world, my excitement from the top of someplace very high.

·
Same Country as Bucksnort
14,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
121 - 131 of 131 Posts