Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Pro-4X
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PSA

There has been a lot of discussion on the member's FB page about the club disbanding. Apparently there were only 20 people or something that paid dues this year, and nobody filed for tax exempt status, and there is very little engagement on the FB page. I'll keep this thread updated as the situation develops.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
“There has been a lot of discussion on the member's FB page about the club disbanding”
“there is very little engagement on the FB page”

Well which is it? Discussion is discussion.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Sadly, this has been happening across many of the Nissan related clubs (or clubs that aren't really clubs). I know a lot of people who anchored NORAC have moved on past Nissan, with Jeeps and other makes. SoCal Club Xterra has kind of dwindled off because of many members also moving on from Nissan, as well as just getting generally busy with life. Arizona had a Nissan club, as well as Nevada, but I haven't seen events posted by them anytime recently. WENT died and GONE is just barely holding on.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Oh wow. I really hate to hear this. I would always follow these guys and wish I lived in Colorado so my wife and I could join. They always did a lot of really cool stuff and seemed like a great group. But, I do understand. I was president of a Camaro/Firebird club in Dallas that was huge, rented drag strips and road courses, even owned our own autocross equipment. But after years of working my butt off (it became like a full time job), I finally got tired of me and two other guys killing ourselves and the other 89 members loving the great ride. I stopped and the club died instantly. Nobody else was willing to step up. Of course, by that time half our guys didn't own Camaros or Firebirds anymore. I had moved on and bought a Viper.

·
on line
7,154 Posts
Went wheeling with them in 2017 on their
Silverton/San Juan trip. Kinda cliquey but better than what happened to SoCal X group.Those guys went wacko

Reactions: snow bucket

·
Registered
974 Posts
PSA

There has been a lot of discussion on the member's FB page about the club disbanding. Apparently there were only 20 people or something that paid dues this year, and nobody filed for tax exempt status, and there is very little engagement on the FB page. I'll keep this thread updated as the situation develops.

I hope you guys keep it going.
FB is the devil anyway.
Forums is where it's at!

Just use this subforum here!

Reactions: scoyoc

·
Registered
31 Posts
How yall doing. Currently started a nissan page on Instagram if yall be interested to follow @socalnissans4x4 trying to get nissans out and about trough socal and if I get a strong enough following hit some out of state runs so far 5 rigs that are consistent in showing up to trails

1 - 10 of 10 Posts