Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
on line
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great site looking forward to meeting some members in Az.
Some quick answers to questions brought up in previous general forums.
Corporate owned vehicle given to builder to set- up for the '07 Sema show.
First registered in Sept, Calif registration with about 6000 miles
Made the show in Nov. Not as a Calmini (supplier) but for Optima batteries.
Not on main floor but as a demo truck in a closed (parking lot) course.
Used, but rock buggies and highly modifieds did the tough courses.

Pictured on optimabatteries.com last jpg on sema '07 section
Not 'Shrocked' but 'Calmini'd', bumpers front & rear (tire carrier), cat back exhaust, sliders, 5 inch lift, bilstein shocks, ProComp wheels & tires, fabricated 4 seat Mastercraft Baja RS 'dirty' seat inserts (black & grey)

After reading some great forum material I set a budget
wanted an 'offroad' ed for the 44 rear end
light color (live in the desert)
hoped to have enough to add a PGR mild lift and tire upgrade
I do alot of online research got lucky, basically no cost upgrades

I'm AARP eligible
sons 18 & 22 both at ASU next fall (no money)
married 26 yrs (she understands I'm 'car crazy')
grew up in SoCal
Volkswagens (Dino dinosaurs, Empi, Gene Berg)
Imports asst Alfa Romeo's (returning again next year - yea right)
Shelby's (buddy had a GT-500 KR conv sold for $6000 in '76 still at the Knotts Ford show every year lic GT500KR
Friend exotic car mech Ferrari Porsche Lambo (great fun)
20 yr ed mustang conv and my favorite 89 saleen conv (sold before my boys could drive)
Mitsu montero's last mitsu tech modified 2 door with 'John Baker'- (80's baja - factory race trucks) parts including interior roll bar, 2 inch lift, bfg's, headers, weber, cat back - ran woodpecker and martinez canyon but not with me in the pilot seat
I'm not a 'wrench' just enjoy all vehicles
Tired of all the JK 4 doors, FJ's & Hummers
Needed family vehicle for trips to Cali, Skiing and some 4WD trails moderate to light can't afford to fix too much yet.

Sorry this is so long, just in case it takes awhile to learn to navigate the forum with replies, you guys are the best. I know I couldn't keep up with DBAX even with a race truck, 'the only supercharged gen 2 X' you have what I would have wanted as a set-up I got lucky and hit the ground running. Never done with mods until you sell. Bumblebee for the Transformer car (I know not a Camaro, should have been a bug anyway) but the color is right.

Later, have great holidays
bumblebee

:santa:

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
So, you bought the truck we were all wondering about!?!

We wanted to know if the engine was replaced or something drastic like that. The price was too low for all the mods and low mileage.

Is the front Calmini bumper dented on the passenger side?

·
TNX Administrator
20,444 Posts
:pirate: "Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated t' Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise t' share what you learn!" :3some:

So let t' mods begin: http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2742 :thumbup:

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Mark, the Calmini kit uses AAL and Shackles.

I am really curious, if it was an Optima show vehicle, what battery did they put in? Optima doesn't make the correct sized reverse terminal yellow top battery that just drops in to the new X.

Also, what is the title listed as? Is it a normal clean title or is it a reconstruct? I always thought that the vehicles that were given to aftermarket companies had to be returned or destroyed.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Can I make a suggestion to change your name to RumbleBee? That is a great looking truck. I am sure we all look forward to seeing more pics.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
welcome

just a quick note, S_E_X_terra is the one with the supercharger, unless i missed something in the last couple months DBAX does not have one

Nice X

·
on line
1,127 Posts
Muzikman said:
Mark, the Calmini kit uses AAL and Shackles.

I am really curious, if it was an Optima show vehicle, what battery did they put in? Optima doesn't make the correct sized reverse terminal yellow top battery that just drops in to the new X.

Also, what is the title listed as? Is it a normal clean title or is it a reconstruct? I always thought that the vehicles that were given to aftermarket companies had to be returned or destroyed.
That is not true....... I have one in my truck with the correct terminals that hooked right up.

·
on line
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SeXterra-Like when you get married, I didn't want too much history ! I checked carfax for title, registration & accidents. Good eye pass side hoop bent out, calmini center post seem extremely strong no deflection.

Old Navy-mods as I can (long time), ski rack, factory finned alu diff cover rear or Schockworks, Calmini said theirs wouldn't fit ?

lost boy-my fav is on the optimabatteries.com site (copy right ?)

Xver-Thx

mancampa-You're rep precedes you, I believe Muzikman is right doesn't look like it's modified

Muzikman-yellow top (appropriate), title is clear, glad it wasn't crushed

TXterra37- same one

Killroy Los Angeles-like rumblebe but my boys have Autobot & Decepticon decals on their riceburners

Later guys

·
on line
1,340 Posts
Sweet X!

·
on line
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
KXterra & mcm4090 - thx

brutus_skx - You and all in service - special thx for what you do, it allows us to play with this stuff. stay safe, kick ass and come Home soon !

·
on line
15,651 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
Nice buy.

Snap a picture of the battery you have under your hood... thats what we all want to see.
I am curious about this too. I really wonder if they made a special battery for it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts