Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Do your Windows Squeak?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people have had noisy (squeaky) windows and what was the solution to the problem?

·
on line
400 Posts
here windows make noise due to inchannel visors, makes a slight squeek when opening/closing nothing 2 big

so i dont know which to pick...

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found this article. It is tricky to get to it bc the original link point to a different article. if you are using Firefox scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.

Article

·
on line
551 Posts
not yet, but it's only 4 months old.
And summer hasn't arrived yet, so the windows have mostly stayed up.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JAdams said:
Mine just started this week. I have to figure out why.
Mine did too this week and it is driving me nuts. I am taking it to the dealership monday. hopefully the article will help them better solve the problem

·
on line
332 Posts
i went to the dealer 4 hours later and new power window components...My driver side window still squeks.

·
on line
844 Posts
try spraying a rag down with WD-40, wedging it in the track in the door, and running it from the back of the door to the front (lubricating the track) this fixed my squeaking, but not the popping...

·
on line
67 Posts
Mine was more of a creaking when they weren't all the way down or up. I took mine to the dealer and they replaced the power components too. So far I haven't noticed any more noises and that was...January I think?

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bluzfan said:
My driver window sqeeks, but only when I lean on the ledge on the door. Weird.
Mine does the same too. I am asking them about that too

·
on line
2,125 Posts
mine squeaked and i took it to the dealership and they said that it was because the power windows track wasnt lubed right. they removed the door panel and lubed it correctly and now it hasnt squeaked in about a year. and they did it for free too.

·
on line
266 Posts
I had this on my '05 and got used to it. But, it was my first car that I ever had this on so I was a bit mad. What it came down to being was a window regulator adjustment. You can have the dealer do this. Although, my dealer, back in the day, just pretended that they did it. If you have the service manual, you can do it yourself. Otherwise, a new regulator might be needed, either from the dealer or Ebay. The regulator brings the window up to high and forces it against the pillar. This creates tension and makes the cracking noise. Notice that this does not happen when you stop a hair short of fully closed....I did have a slight cracking when going down as well, but dont know what was cuasing that. Hope this helpes a bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts