Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2007 Xterra and it came with a double din aftermarket Boss stereo, the stereo turns on but no sounds come from the speakers, all of my wiring is tight and fuses are fine, anyone know what’s going on?

·
Registered
2005 Avalanche Xterra S 4x4
22 Posts
I recently purchased a 2007 Xterra and it came with a double din aftermarket Boss stereo, the stereo turns on but no sounds come from the speakers, all of my wiring is tight and fuses are fine, anyone know what’s going on?
Could be a problem at the speakers. 1 could either be blown, unplugged, or pinched wiring causing the system to ground out.

Or it may have had an amplifier at one point which is now gone.

Also.. I had a guy that claimed to only have sound out of one speaker and it turned out his balance and fade were messed with. (sometimes it the simple things)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Maybe a dumb question, but have you pulled out the head unit to ensure everything is hooked up? I bought a car years ago who's stereo didn't work, wouldn't even turn on. Not being a fan of factory radios I bought a new head unit and when I removed the old one nothing was plugged in, not even the antenna. I hooked everything up and it worked perfectly. My guess was that the previous owner had an aftermarket unit in there and just swapped them out without hooking anything up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe a dumb question, but have you pulled out the head unit to ensure everything is hooked up? I bought a car years ago who's stereo didn't work, wouldn't even turn on. Not being a fan of factory radios I bought a new head unit and when I removed the old one nothing was plugged in, not even the antenna. I hooked everything up and it worked perfectly. My guess was that the previous owner had an aftermarket unit in there and just swapped them out without hooking anything up.
Yes I went through and fixed all the wiring myself because the person before me just used some electrical tape and was peeling off the wires I’ve been reading and I have two black boxes under each seat, the passenger side one has two wire plugs and aren’t plugged in, not sure what that’s for

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be a problem at the speakers. 1 could either be blown, unplugged, or pinched wiring causing the system to ground out.

Or it may have had an amplifier at one point which is now gone.

Also.. I had a guy that claimed to only have sound out of one speaker and it turned out his balance and fade were messed with. (sometimes it the simple things)
I’ve got two black boxes under both front seats, but can’t seem to figure out what they are for, the one under the passenger seat has two plug wires that I can see and they aren’t plugged in, any idea what that’s for?

·
Registered
2005 Avalanche Xterra S 4x4
22 Posts
If it came with the factory Rockford Fosgate stereo upgrade, the box under the driver's seat is the subwoofer and the one under the passenger seat is the amplifier. The amp has two wire harnesses that plug into it.

View attachment 140588
This ^^^ 🤔you have any pics? Those boxes could also be aftermarket amplifiers that were disconnected for whatever reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts