Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to be getting rid of the radial long trails by the end of this month. i have been doing a lot of research on tires and have jumped from BFGoodrich All Terrains to General Tire AT2s to the Nitto terra grappler. price is a big object in this decission. i cant afford the BFG AT KOs and the General Tire... i dont think they make in anything less than a 10 ply. so those are out of the ?. i stumbled upon the Nitto terragrapplers and was wondering if anyone had some of these and could give me their opinion on them. I definately need a All terrain tire. no funds for a mud terrain etc. so if anyone could plz reassure me that these are good tires i would appriciate it. thanks

·
on line
4,495 Posts
I have a set in the garage that need to be installed, they look good. Tread depth is nice and the voids are larger in real life. I went with them because I got a deal and because I have not heard one bad thing about them.

·
on line
109 Posts
Nitto Terra Grapplers = AWESOME tire!
I have the 285/60/18`s on MB Predators.
I had a mad fisherman force me onto the beach in the soft sand a few days ago, bc he was to impatient for me to get out of his way, so into 4 wheel high and down the buggy path i went onto the beach.
I know I would have never been able to go in the soft sand with the crappy BFG`s that came on the truck. Sooo I drove around in a circle, swung around to the access ramp and up the hill. Xterra didn`t even wimper going thru the loose stuff. I was very impressed...

usually I`m on compressed sand or loose dirt, never an issues and mostly in 2 wheel drive. so I say "thumbs up" for the Nitto`s...PR...

you can also find them here, and a decent set of wheels at a reasonable price from: www.discounttiredirect.com

·
on line
1,208 Posts
nothing to complain about mine here, very happy with them.

·
on line
129 Posts
I have had them on for about two months now, and love them. Our X is used for everyday commutes 35 miles round trip to work, and they are quiet enough for that, plus are excellent on the road, or even 85 on the freeway. Weekends we are on the rocks and sand, and they have been excellent there as well.. a definate good decision to go with the Grapplers!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts