Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my shackles set in the 1.5" lift hole and aal giving me only 2.5" total. Is the 3 degree shim to much correction since my aal is only yielding 1"? Is this why im having vibes still because of the 3degree shims?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i should take them out? I hope it cures it. Ill probably leave it how the hieght is. I just need to crank the fronts about .5" more but i need to replace the spc boot. They ripped from not completely clearing. Ill probably change the boot and crank it up abit. Then need an alignment again. Man i have to drive slow so i dont cause to much contact
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
So i should take them out? I hope it cures it. Ill probably leave it how the hieght is. I just need to crank the fronts about .5" more but i need to replace the spc boot. They ripped from not completely clearing. Ill probably change the boot and crank it up abit. Then need an alignment again. Man i have to drive slow so i dont cause to much contact
Posted via Mobile Device
you could take them out and try...see if it makes a difference. btw, you know most people grind some of the metal off the coil bucket so that the boot on the SPC arm doesnt rub.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not everyone. I think most guys who grind had the first bigger boot. Nisstec offers a smaller boot now
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I had to grind mine. Was simple, quick and prevents the issue regardless of boots size or alignment adjustments. It's the best long term solution and very common to do.

Also how much extra weight do you have in the rear? Could be that causing the reduction in lift.

·
on line
3,171 Posts
With my shackles set in the 1.5" lift hole and aal giving me only 2.5" total. Is the 3 degree shim to much correction since my aal is only yielding 1"? Is this why im having vibes still because of the 3degree shims?
Posted via Mobile Device
Your leafs could just be old and flattening out. What year is your X?

Typically with old tired leaf suspension, adding shackles will flatten them out because they now have more room to spread out.

That's why I said screw it and got some custom leafs made at a spring shop. I told them what I wanted (4" lift and 500lbs extra load carry) and they were ready to be installed the next day.

Could be an option for you instead of adding a bunch of extra stuff to worn out leafs...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes i have my overload leaf on. I took out my shim becuz i had a 3 degree in it and my aal and shackle setup was only giving me 2 7/8 inch of lift. Help guys what else do i do? Less degrees?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Dude, put the shims back in, you'll regret it if you start to get vibes. 3 degrees is hardly anything, and won't cause problems if you aren't lifted "enough."

I have the Nisstec single AAL, 3 degree shims, and PRG shackles set to the middle hole on my 2012 as well. Same exact setup as you. I have about 3" lift total from that. My limiting factor now is my shock length.

As already said, the springs sag and settle over time. The AAL helps, but is just a bandaid. If you want better springs, there's Alcan and OME leaf packs.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I put the shims back, and lowered shackle to 1" lift. It help alittle but still have the vibes very minor. I guess i have to live with it or buy a new DS from PRG that replaces that damn cv joint to a ujoint.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
867 Posts
With 2.5 degree shims I got about 1 5/8" lift measured after install. I'm sure they have settled a little but I don't think much at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts