Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nisstec Problems?

Anyone have shipping or communication issues with nisstec? I ordered a full lift package back in May and haven’t received anything yet. I emailed once and didn’t hear anything then emailed again and told that they would be shipping out the following week but never received anything. That was near the end of June. Seems like it’s been a while and the frustrating part is the lack of communication. Anyone ever deal with anything like this with them?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Anyone have shipping or communication issues with nisstec? I ordered a full lift package back in May and haven’t received anything yet. I emailed once and didn’t hear anything then emailed again and told that they would be shipping out the following week but never received anything. That was near the end of June. Seems like it’s been a while and the frustrating part is the lack of communication. Anyone ever deal with anything like this with them?
Lack of communication? Have you picked up the phone?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lack of communication? Have you picked up the phone?
Shouldn’t have to. They should be notifying a customer of shipping issues/problems/delays if it’s not within the original time estimate. That’s the communication part I’m referring to. To say it’s going to ship next week and then not receive anything on my end as far as product or shipping confirmation is the lack of communication.

**** happens. Just notify me of the ****, is all I’m saying.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Shouldn’t have to. They should be notifying a customer of shipping issues/problems/delays if it’s not within the original time estimate. That’s the communication part I’m referring to. To say it’s going to ship next week and then not receive anything on my end as far as product or shipping confirmation is the lack of communication.

Why not call them tomorrow and get back to us with what you found out?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts

I spend that amount of money and don't get my product, the first thing I do is pick up the phone. If they didn't respond to your emails, you should call them. I've had better timelines ordering from PRG, personally. I had to call Nisstec a couple of times when I needed to return rear shocks that were too long and get new ones. When they missed their original estimate on shipping the new ones. I called them. They also missed their estimate on my front Radflos, again, I called them. Picking up a phone usually gets a quicker response and it tells the company you actually care about the stuff you bought. I worked in CS a long time and the phone call is the way to take care of business.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Senior Member / (Q4WC) Club Moderator
412 Posts
The amount of problems I've had with them recently is shocking. Steven is a BS merchant and is great at spinning stories.
From my last communication with them last week, I believe that the owner Chris is having family issues and hasn't been in for a while.
I'm giving them until Tuesday to resolve my issues before throwing them all over social media and review sites.

·
TNX Veteran
3,619 Posts
Don't feel bad @scottyd9, that kind of service is pretty typical around here. You just have to really hound on 'em and keep 'em accountable. They are smaller operations where stuff falls through the cracks more than you'd like to see.

I think waiting on long shipping/lead times and trucking through bad customer service is a right of passage to modding your Xterra. Don't worry, once you get your parts, all the anger & frustration is gone the first weekend you test them out :)

·
Super Moderator
4,196 Posts
RikRong said:
. . . Have you picked up the phone?
Shouldn’t have to. They should be notifying a customer of shipping issues/problems/delays . . . .
Seriously? Communication is the responsibility of both parties. Pick up the phone and call them.

And when you do, write down everything that Steven tells you and confirm it in an email so that you have evidence to confront him with later when you discover that he fed you a load of B.S.

·
TNX Senior Member
444 Posts
I believe that the owner Chris is having family issues and hasn't been in for a while.
I'm giving them until Tuesday to resolve my issues before throwing them all over social media and review sites.
What would blasting them on social media do? Cut them some slack, just be persistent and keep on them. They definitely lack with CS sometimes but they always end up resolving the issue. They're one of our few vendors so I'm sure they're constantly slammed with work, let alone if someone is having family issues. It's not like they're a huge company when 1 person is out, it doesn't hurt their operations. Just my .02

·
Senior Member / (Q4WC) Club Moderator
412 Posts
What would blasting them on social media do? Cut them some slack, just be persistent and keep on them. They definitely lack with CS sometimes but they always end up resolving the issue. They're one of our few vendors so I'm sure they're constantly slammed with work, let alone if someone is having family issues. It's not like they're a huge company when 1 person is out, it doesn't hurt their operations. Just my .02

A bit of background to clear this up. I took months to decide on them over the other shops. I read on here and other forums about who could give me what I needed.
Numerous calls and emails led to an 8000+ order.
Well here’s the problem. The Alcan springs are incorrect.
The drive shafts blew on the first off road trip (cv internals are not properly hardened) and to everyone’s surprise, the stock CV’s don’t fit the shaft. Totally custom piece made in China.
Then there’s the full armour. Order was placed and paid first week in February. Hefty didn’t receive the order until May.
Additionally the rear shocks seem to be the incorrect length for the lift we settled on.

Here’s another little piece of information that might help understand my problem. I’m in Qatar and it will cost me a huge amount to return the incorrect parts. This was discussed in full before the order was placed and I begged Steven to make 100% sure everything was correct before shipping.

Now tell me again why I should lay off the small business?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
TNX Senior Member
444 Posts
A bit of background to clear this up. I took months to decide on them over the other shops. I read on here and other forums about who could give me what I needed.
Numerous calls and emails led to an 8000+ order.
Well here’s the problem. The Alcan springs are incorrect.
The drive shafts blew on the first off road trip (cv internals are not properly hardened) and to everyone’s surprise, the stock CV’s don’t fit the shaft. Totally custom piece made in China.
Then there’s the full armour. Order was placed and paid first week in February. Hefty didn’t receive the order until May.
Additionally the rear shocks seem to be the incorrect length for the lift we settled on.

Here’s another little piece of information that might help understand my problem. I’m in Qatar and it will cost me a huge amount to return the incorrect parts. This was discussed in full before the order was placed and I begged Steven to make 100% sure everything was correct before shipping.

Now tell me again why I should lay off the small business?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't get me wrong I'd be upset, especially considering you're overseas and spent a considerable amount of money, but I wouldn't blast them over social media. As far as the cost to ship them back I think it's fair to ask them to refund you for the cost of shipping, and there's no reason they shouldn't. From my own experience I know they can feed us BS on shipping status but I just don't see how talking poorly of them will help anyone. That's all my point was.

Regardless I hope for your sake it does get worked out because it's definitely frustrating, unfortunately it's par for the course.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Don't feel bad @scottyd9, that kind of service is pretty typical around here. You just have to really hound on 'em and keep 'em accountable. They are smaller operations where stuff falls through the cracks more than you'd like to see.

I think waiting on long shipping/lead times and trucking through bad customer service is a right of passage to modding your Xterra. Don't worry, once you get your parts, all the anger & frustration is gone the first weekend you test them out :)
That's just it, it's an accountability thing. Emailing doesn't hold them acountable as well as hearing it on the phone.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea I don't wanna blow anyone up on social media unless it's a ridiculous case of just poor service all around. Like I said, wasn't really upset about the situation, 50% impatient for obvious reasons and the other 50% was mainly just me trying to feel out the situation if its standard process of waiting. Good news (for me at least), contacted Steve...helpful as mentioned by a lot of you on here...and looks to be shipping out now that they have all the parts. So fingers crossed.

Appreciate all the feedback

·
Northwest Xterra Club (NWXC) Club Moderator
646 Posts
Everyones got a story and here is mine,

Ordered U-Bolt Flip Kit, ARB Diff cover & rear shock skids on June 29th. July 9th I called Nisstec and talked to Steven, with an update on my order. We opted for two shipments cause the shock skids were at powder coating. Ship out the U-Bolt flip kit and ARB diff cover ASAP and then ship out shock skids when they return. Steven told me he would move that order to the warehouse and send me tracking info.

No tracking info so I called again on July 11th. Steven answered and told me they ship the day before and that he would email me tracking info when we hung up.

No tracking info so I called again on July 13th. Rod answered and told me he would call me back with the tracking info. 3 hours later, no call or tracking info so I called again and Steven picked up. I didn't hang up the phone until I received the tracking info. Got the tracking info!

Shipment was sappost to be today but Nisstec didn't give my apartment number to UPS. So had to call UPS and update my apartment number and delivery will now be tomorrow.

Are they kind of a headache - sure
Will you get your stuff - hopefully
Persistence is key

·
Registered
26 Posts
From personal experience: For anything in stock double their estimated delivery time. For custom-built parts or assemblies double their estimated delivery time, then double it again and call them on the phone at each point to check status. You will be happy that they beat or matched your own delivery estimate.

We Xterra owners live in a tiny ecosystem and luckily NissTec and PRG exist. Unfortunately, they don't put much competitive pressure on each other for either to up their game and we are a captive market. Anyone want to trade for a Jeep? LOL

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Nisstec is good for small orders ...PRG or Rugged Rocks has been my favorite vendors though and now get all my business, Steevo is a great guy at RR and will do his best to get you what you need especially gear/locker wise. Greg is worth dealing with if you make large orders or multiple orders he's just a busy guy but he absolutely knows his stuff about nissan suspension. As for Armor go to the people directly and I hear Chis at hefty is great and i know maxterra is great (have his rear and sliders are now ordered). But having a second hand shrock ill say the build quality is above and beyond front bumper wise.

just my .02 after spending money with almost everyone

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Yea I don't wanna blow anyone up on social media unless it's a ridiculous case of just poor service all around. Like I said, wasn't really upset about the situation, 50% impatient for obvious reasons and the other 50% was mainly just me trying to feel out the situation if its standard process of waiting. Good news (for me at least), contacted Steve...helpful as mentioned by a lot of you on here...and looks to be shipping out now that they have all the parts. So fingers crossed.

Appreciate all the feedback
I would tend to agree, but it does have its place. I had an issue with another Xterra fabricator with getting the runaround and then no responses for weeks...and it wasn't until I posted ONCE on their facebook page that the owner emailed me to correct it, fabbed and shipped it within a few days.

I had considered doing it prior, but didn't want to go "nuclear" because I didn't want to hurt the business I just wanted my order. Afterwards, the owner admitted he had no idea this was even going on and had no record that my order hadn't been completed or shipped. :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
We Xterra owners live in a tiny ecosystem and luckily NissTec and PRG exist. Unfortunately, they don't put much competitive pressure on each other for either to up their game and we are a captive market. Anyone want to trade for a Jeep? LOL
This is true. I had a conversation with Greg once and he explained it pretty bluntly. He mentioned he was reading one of the trade publications and they had a chart of the 4x4 aftermarket sales. Of course Jeep was giant, and then at the other end...way at the end, was Nissan...behind Suzuki.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts