Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Planning to run the Nisstec Add-A-Leaf in the rear. Any feedback on the ride?

Nisstec says that they provide 2" of lift. Is that what you're finding after settling? What rear shocks are you running?

·
on line
236 Posts
Planning to run the Nisstec Add-A-Leaf in the rear. Any feedback on the ride?

Nisstec says that they provide 2" of lift. Is that what you're finding after settling? What rear shocks are you running?
i really dont think mine gave me two" more like one?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mine dont sit level, about 1/2" - 3/4" shorter on driver's side. I have heard others say they dont have any problems. I would like to rotate the drivers side AAL to see if that helps.

·
Registered
335 Posts
After settling, no. But my numbers are skewed a little. I have longer shackles. I ended up getting newer stock leafs, the aal, and the shackles. The ride is a bit stiffer (similar to the autozone helpers I had on before). I did end up using shims for vibration that effectively lower you.

I'd run them again. FWIW

·
Registered
306 Posts
Chances are you have that on backwards. Flip er around and measure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
That's what I hear but the aal measures the same on both sides of my X, from axle to aal end. Still plan to rotate it once I get new center pins. Sorry for thread jacking.

Anyways I do like my aal off road, got a fair amount of flex with shackles, still would rather have Alcans.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've had the Nisstec 2" spacers in front and AAL on the rear for about 15 months now. Have noticed very little difference in the ride. My actual amount of lift was about 1-5/8" at the start, with about 1/8" sag since then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts