Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out how they introduced the 2005 Xterra to the auto press- pretty cool. Also note those offroad wheels-they are chromed. I have seen them offered on Ebay from time to time. With the lack of wheel choices out there, I think that the chromed offroad wheels look great. I hope to get some this year.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
did you notice the roof rack is silver?

·
on line
527 Posts
Yea that mud is fake lol. Ive been going to the detroit auto show for years now and they tried to do that witht the FJ last year and the frame and everything underneath was spotless and so was the engine bay.

·
on line
463 Posts
Nissan did , indeed, advertise the Xterra as an off-highway vehicle.
Now,,,Guess what percentage of Xs are four wheel drive ?
The number will amaze you,,,,,my wife and I were dumd-founded when a sales person told us more than 90% of Southern Cal. Xterras are two wheel drive.
Sales person went on to say that the ads don't show " Off-Road " .....The ads show " off-pavement" like with dirt roads.

I've always loved the Ad industry and how they can twist the information.

Jim B

·
on line
1,739 Posts
prod39 said:
Nissan did , indeed, advertise the Xterra as an off-highway vehicle.
Now,,,Guess what percentage of Xs are four wheel drive ?
The number will amaze you,,,,,my wife and I were dumd-founded when a sales person told us more than 90% of Southern Cal. Xterras are two wheel drive.
Sales person went on to say that the ads don't show " Off-Road " .....The ads show " off-pavement" like with dirt roads.

I've always loved the Ad industry and how they can twist the information.

Jim B
I'd buy that number with ease. I read in one of the 4x4 rags a number of years ago that 95% - that's 19 out of 20 SUV's NEVER leave the pavement. Most of the SUV drivers here are soccer moms driving their kids to school and back. I see a lot of lifted full-size, V-8's with +33" tires on pickups and ask the guys how often they go off road. To which I normally get a "?". Most of those guys also don't tow a trailer or boat ... strictly looks. They want to look tough in a big boy toy truck.

Thank goodness for the posers as they make the market large enough that the manufacturers will build aftermarket parts for them ... and the off-roaders.

Years ago I was a whole bunch more poor and could only manage a Honda CR-V. I bought the first new 4x4 one in Riverside ... and took that thing off road every month for miles and miles. I wanted more capabilities but couldn't afford them. I'd bet that 98% of the CR-V's have never left the mall but loved mine for its ability to get me off the pavement.

Obviously the X gets me a whole lot further and I'm only beginning to modify it and learn its limits. I'd love to see more manufacturers come to our chassis.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts