Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out how they introduced the 2005 Xterra to the auto press- pretty cool. Also note those offroad wheels-they are chromed. I have seen them offered on Ebay from time to time. With the lack of wheel choices out there, I think that the chromed offroad wheels look great. I hope to get some this year.

·
on line
463 Posts
Nissan did , indeed, advertise the Xterra as an off-highway vehicle.
Now,,,Guess what percentage of Xs are four wheel drive ?
The number will amaze you,,,,,my wife and I were dumd-founded when a sales person told us more than 90% of Southern Cal. Xterras are two wheel drive.
Sales person went on to say that the ads don't show " Off-Road " .....The ads show " off-pavement" like with dirt roads.

I've always loved the Ad industry and how they can twist the information.

Jim B

·
on line
1,739 Posts
prod39 said:
Nissan did , indeed, advertise the Xterra as an off-highway vehicle.
Now,,,Guess what percentage of Xs are four wheel drive ?
The number will amaze you,,,,,my wife and I were dumd-founded when a sales person told us more than 90% of Southern Cal. Xterras are two wheel drive.
Sales person went on to say that the ads don't show " Off-Road " .....The ads show " off-pavement" like with dirt roads.

I've always loved the Ad industry and how they can twist the information.

Jim B
I'd buy that number with ease. I read in one of the 4x4 rags a number of years ago that 95% - that's 19 out of 20 SUV's NEVER leave the pavement. Most of the SUV drivers here are soccer moms driving their kids to school and back. I see a lot of lifted full-size, V-8's with +33" tires on pickups and ask the guys how often they go off road. To which I normally get a "?". Most of those guys also don't tow a trailer or boat ... strictly looks. They want to look tough in a big boy toy truck.

Thank goodness for the posers as they make the market large enough that the manufacturers will build aftermarket parts for them ... and the off-roaders.

Years ago I was a whole bunch more poor and could only manage a Honda CR-V. I bought the first new 4x4 one in Riverside ... and took that thing off road every month for miles and miles. I wanted more capabilities but couldn't afford them. I'd bet that 98% of the CR-V's have never left the mall but loved mine for its ability to get me off the pavement.

Obviously the X gets me a whole lot further and I'm only beginning to modify it and learn its limits. I'd love to see more manufacturers come to our chassis.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.