Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Nissan Xterra. Should I bypass it to stop any transmission problems from happening? It has almost 150,000 miles on it. SMOD happened but the radiator and transmission were replaced by a Nissan dealership before I bought it. Do I need to bypass it so it doesn’t happen again? Is it safe?

·
TNX Veteran
3,983 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
No, but double check the part numbers.
There is a reason they put a cooler in the radiator in the first place. A few people have roasted good transmissions from not having that cooler. It would by dumb to bypass a good cooler.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, but double check the part numbers.
There is a reason they put a cooler in the radiator in the first place. A few people have roasted good transmissions from not having that cooler. It would by dumb to bypass a good cooler.
I have a Value Advantage Radiator with the part number B1D60-EA21JNW and I research the radiators quite a lot and there's not much information about them. I called a Nissan dealer and they told me that they are safe and do not fail like the OEM radiators. I'm worried but should I bypass? The information is just hard to find. Are they redesigned or what?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts