Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to order a new Nissan burger emblem for my rear door.The emblem was $15.99 and the shipping was $30.91.What the [email protected]#k!!!Needless to say,I passed.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
That is because they use DHL and Turnersville is in NJ and you are on Maui. If you email brian he can probably send it US mail which would be cheaper!

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Re: NISSAN OF TURNERVILLE

SHADOW said:
Thanks Keith.I`ll give that a try.
Aloha,
Bill
Brian is cool and will work with you. He should be pretty quick to respond, but I know he is now in charge a sell not just nissan parts online, but a bunch of other models as well.

·
on line
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keith,
Just sent a PM off to Brian.Suggested a padded envelope and a mailbox.
I pulled all the emblems off and painted them black w/red letters.Screwed the back one up.After 3 trys I want to start from scratch.I left the XTERRA emblem off and put the SE in black and the X in red under the door handle.Looks pretty good.Been getting compliments.My X is Super Black.
My Mac needs servicing.It won`t let me copy and paste.That`s why I can`t post any pics.
Aloha,
Bill

·
on line
400 Posts
SHADOW said:
Keith,
Just sent a PM off to Brian.Suggested a padded envelope and a mailbox.
I pulled all the emblems off and painted them black w/red letters.Screwed the back one up.After 3 trys I want to start from scratch.I left the XTERRA emblem off and put the SE in black and the X in red under the door handle.Looks pretty good.Been getting compliments.My X is Super Black.
My Mac needs servicing.It won`t let me copy and paste.That`s why I can`t post any pics.
Aloha,
Bill
u can always type out the address :p

·
on line
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TURNERSVILLE

That was a tough one!I started by using some fishing line.I worked it behind the emblem on one end and kind of sawed through the double sided tape.That was the easy part.They put those on to stay.Then I took some Goo Gone a rag and a credit card and went to work.Get as much Goo Gone as you can on the glue and rub and CAREFULLY scrape with the credit card till it`s gone.I have to tell you,this took much longer than I expected.But stick with it and don`t rush it.You can seriously scratch your paint if you`re not careful.Black is probably the easiest to screw up.Just take your time.
Good luck.

·
on line
500 Posts
A heat gun would have made that much easier, because above 175F the glue starts to weaken enough to just pull it off.

Patrick

·
on line
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TURNERSVILLE

Yeah,there`s 2 holes.I wish there wasn`t because I would have centered it over the handle.patrick07 is right about the heat gun.I did use a hairdryer.I forgot all about it.I use a heat gun in my work and know how HOT they get and didn`t want to risk the resulting damage a few seconds too long would cause.

·
on line
500 Posts
Shadow, word up! Sometimes trouble is too easily hidden, in that I've done more harm than good with heat guns and presure washers. I was thinking of removing the rear Nissan burger and painting the Xterra and the burger on the front grill some (yet to be determined) sort of black color. Maybe once the newness wears off I'll do the rims too, because black rims with Desert Stone is just plain sick!

Patrick

1 - 17 of 17 Posts