Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before, but I was wondering if it was possible to buy the navi unit for Atlimas, etc and put it into the X?? I have a feeling it would cost a lot more, but would it fit??? And has anyone tried it??

·
on line
166 Posts
For the money you are going to spend you might as well go with an aftermarket unit that fits in the OEM CD location, or use an aftermarket portable device like a TomTom or Garmin.

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea thats what I thought. It seems as though even if I did find one, it would cost more to get it installed (from the stealership because of setting up stuff).oh, and machinehead, I LOVED your carputer. I thought about that route since you can get a mac mini refurbished from apple's website for about 500. not sure how the wife would like the cost though, by the time I got everything figured out (I'm not to electronically inclined) it wold cost me less to get the head unit and get it installed. I just thought it would look super cool to have the nissan logo come up when you started the car

·
on line
114 Posts
Speaking of which I need to re-make my thread. It got lost when the servers crashed. I'm still fiddling with the computer, it's not the easiest route to go to say the least.

·
on line
366 Posts
Not sure what the nissan navi does, but I just installed a pioneer avic D3 myself. You can get it online for ~$700, and has tons of add-ons. Sounds waaaay better than the stock (non RF) stereo (05) and has ipod controls, back up camera, bluetooth, sat radio, as well as gps.

Oh yeah, if you really want to see the nissan logo when it starts up, you can use any photo as a startup/background screen. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts