Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
on line
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This kit comes as part of the Protection Package that was included as an option pkg. on the window sticker of the Xterra we purchased.

The 'package' consisting of the emergency kit, all season mats and wheel locks costs 185.00. The 4 piece rubber channeled mats are of good quality and work well(approx. $60.00 purchased separately on the net or at dealer parts dept.). The wheel locks are a good idea(approx. $25 on net or dlr parts dept). However, the emergency kit contents are of poor quality, especially the useless, cheap, thin plastic flashlight which broke the first time we tried it, and really incomplete.

You probably already have all or most of the contents of this generic kit such as jumper cables(ones included are thin gauge), reflective triangle, one phillips and one flat head screwdriver, small pliers, duct tape, battery terminal cleaner and gloves.

It is a good idea to have an emergency kit, but on the net this Nissan kit costs $50.00 or more. Build your own. It should be cheaper and you can custom fit it to your needs.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
yeah, I opted out of that part, since I already had everything I needed from my last 4x4. Total waste of money in my eyes.

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Yep, got it too.. its sitting in the Upper cargo hold on roof.

I just need to open it up & dump the flashlight. and Place in the MANLY tools.. needed.

good case.. is only good thing... Made in CHINA crap. great for a city yuppie. that never leaves the pavement. :)

·
on line
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe Jerry's Avatar captures our sentiments.

·
on line
3,592 Posts
here is a few photo's from what is inside the Kit.

toss out the duct tape, flashlight. for starters. then add in the Man tools to the thing. With real leather gloves.

hope it posts okay.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
Good thing there is plastic over those pliers, we wouldnt want them to get dusty. hehehe

·
on line
3,592 Posts
chuckles. Yea.. I just need to toss it back upstairs in the roof Rack... I wonder if they even work?? lol
Or

toss out tools, Add beer. Too keep chilled till camp.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
now yer thinkin like a man!!! :thumbleft: :drink:

·
on line
1,163 Posts
cant complain, got mine for free......old classmate used to work for nissan and toss bunch of goodies when i bought my X.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
in that void with straps on the rear liftgate (driver side).

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Mine was just tossed in the Rear Floor hatch. The first Aid kit is in the Rear door hatch.

that thing is good for minor cuts, hang nails etc. Tossed in more goodies that can be used in Auto crash or. self inflected Beer tab cuts.

·
on line
51 Posts
Here's a tidbit...use a volt meter and check that your jumper cables work! I tried to jump a friend with mine a few weeks ago and couldn't for the life of me figure out why we were not getting any juice. Turns out mine were faulty, and seem to have a break somewhere in the line.

Luckily someone else had a pair of jumpers and those worked just fine. Complete junk!

·
Banned
2,966 Posts
I bought this kit on ebay and tossed everything out except for the screw drivers/duct tape/and the batt brush. Mainly jsut wanted the bag... I put in LED Maglight, plus spare batteries, 3 flares, chem lights, mutil head screw driver, pliers, visgrips, channel locks, linemens, needle noise, heavy gauge jumper cables, mechanics gloves, bigger roll of duct tape (used the original roll on Fubars window at ECXC), zip ties, electrical tape, and hose clamps. The bag, fully stocked up, fits great under the rear cargo area.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by: Hoagie27
I bought this kit on ebay and tossed everything out except for the screw drivers/duct tape/and the batt brush. Mainly jsut wanted the bag... I put in LED Maglight, plus spare batteries, 3 flares, chem lights, mutil head screw driver, pliers, visgrips, channel locks, linemens, needle noise, heavy gauge jumper cables, mechanics gloves, bigger roll of duct tape (used the original roll on Fubars window at ECXC), zip ties, electrical tape, and hose clamps. The bag, fully stocked up, fits great under the rear cargo area.
nice man! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts