Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No i am not the drivetrain engineer for Nissan so dont send your complaints to me.

I am graduating this May from VT with a BS in Mechanical Engineering so ive been looking for jobs. While looking at Nissan's site I found this job listing . Maybe someone got fired or they need someone to fix the mess they made. Only if had five years experience.

Hopefully whoever they hire can do a better job of creating some quality drivetrain parts that can handle the loads that they are subjected to.

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Dude, i say you apply for the job anyways. You never know what can happen. Maybe they will want someone fresh?! Ive gotten jobs before with NO experience. Hell, i ran an orthepedic surgery center in cincy with no experience, they just knew i was a smart guy and knew how to handle people. Go for it.

·
on line
294 Posts
HI EVERYBODY!

Hi, Dr. Mark!

LOLZ

·
on line
3,262 Posts
hokiexterra22 said:
No i am not the drivetrain engineer for Nissan so dont send your complaints to me.

I am graduating this May from VT with a BS in Mechanical Engineering so ive been looking for jobs. While looking at Nissan's site I found this job listing . Maybe someone got fired or they need someone to fix the mess they made. Only if had five years experience.

Hopefully whoever they hire can do a better job of creating some quality drivetrain parts that can handle the loads that they are subjected to.
Go for it dude.... most of the time all companys post the "must have 5 yrs experience" for two reasons.

1. They really would prefer someone with experience
2. If you dont have experience they want you to show them you are outgoing enough, presistant enough, and hungry enough to try and get the job anyway.

Alot of people who see the 5 yr bull crap say, "oh well I'll just look for something else." And that is the type of person they dont want to hire!!

Go for it!

·
on line
41 Posts
or you could just get a few years experience w/volvo, then move to phoenix and put nissan back on the right track.

·
on line
1,340 Posts

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good point S_e_X-Terra... im definitely going to apply to Nissan but dont think im going to apply for any specific job. i also talked to Honda, Goodyear and Michelin today at an automotive career fare. I might look into Honda but ill only work for a car related company if they give me an R&D or testing position.

mcampana, if i remember i think Honda and Goodyear R&D facilities are both in Ohio and one i think it is Goodyear thats actually in Akron. Know anyone that works for Goodyear?

DBAX, I posted it under powertrain because of all the exploding diff talk... go ahead and move it if you want.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
DBAX, I posted it under powertrain because of all the exploding diff talk... go ahead and move it if you want.
Not a mod here, although I do have 5 years experience in that.. :geek:

Hey Mark (w/ a K), it's cool. My sister Jill spells her name w/ only one "l". :toothy7:

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i talked to a guy from Michelin that does there test driving. He said you have to have a mechanical engineering degree to be a test driver for them so you know what your talking about and can explain everything in correct terms to the car manufacture.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts