Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it looks like Nissan completely fails again. One of the biggest auto shows previewing all of the new automakers designs and future vehicles and Nissan drops a turd.

Basically just minor updates to Maxima, Altima, Murano etc...

A re-designed and re-named (Juke) is now called the"Kicks"
Powered by a little 1.6-liter naturally aspirated four-cylinder and backed by a CVT transmission, the Kicks may not be able to live up to its name, sending only 125 hp to the front wheels.

I love my Xterra and don't plan on ever replacing it but honestly, at this point when I am in the market for a new vehicle it is going to either be a Toyota or a Jeep.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Nissan hasn't done anything cool or fun since the GTR debuted in 2007. They are a boring crossover brand now. The sedans are meh. The NISMO division is a joke. The 370 is an afterthought nowadays.

They had a really cool Datsun 510 concept in 2013 but nothing happened with it. I feel like they are trying with the Titan and Cummins partnership but it hasn't really caught on.

Love my Xterra, but it will be the only Nissan I ever own.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Meh. Waiting to see if they do anything at the NAIAS (Detroit) or Chicago Auto Show. I think those are both bigger for reveals (and size) than LA.

Who knows, maybe we'll be disappointed again.

·
TNX Veteran
3,700 Posts
The "Kicks" was revealed last year as well. Nissan blows. Super boring brand. Their only cool cars are 10+ model years old (GTR, 370z, Frontier) and heavily outdated now. I haven't been excited for them almost ever - other than maybe hte Leaf, not sure why people would pick one of their vehicles out of the huge array of options out there now.

Xterra only!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
The "Kicks" was revealed last year as well. Nissan blows. Super boring brand. Their only cool cars are 10+ model years old (GTR, 370z, Frontier) and heavily outdated now. I haven't been excited for them almost ever - other than maybe hte Leaf, not sure why people would pick one of their vehicles out of the huge array of options out there now.

Xterra only!
the official Nissan instagram page is nothing but skylines and Zs, once in a while they'll post something new... so even they by the content posted support the idea that Nissan makes crap cars right now

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Its hard to blame them. They have sold something like 330,000 Rogues year to date - which is more than they sold Gen 2 Xterra's through their 10 year run. Sucks for us, good for shareholders.

If I had $45K I had nothing better to do with I would buy a Rubicon or a 4 Runner TRD. Since I don't guess I'll just keep fixing my X, or maybe buy another with fewer miles.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I remember when first gen X came out in 2000. I was blown away by the unusual design... but it's not really about the brand for me anyway.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Right now as far as cars coming to the market soonish, I would look at ford, They have the Ranger coming back, and a Bronco, when my X kicks the bucket, I may look into one of these.
My buddy is building an overseas ranger right now(yeah we are always the last to get new stuff), its bad ass, but this one is being built for military use so the pics look awesome, they added armor and gun turret.

·
Banned
170 Posts
i love that nissans just keep getting cheaper.
you can buy a gen2 running and driving 4wd xterra for 3k now with little effort.
frontiers are getting down there as well.

love this used and clapped out market.

·
Supporting Member - “WAMPA”
237 Posts
i love that nissans just keep getting cheaper.
you can buy a gen2 running and driving 4wd xterra for 3k now with little effort.
frontiers are getting down there as well.

love this used and clapped out market.
That’s a good point!... 🤔. Wouldn’t be a terrible idea to get a couple while prices are stupid low... then can mix/mod a few different ways or hold on to them for down the road

·
Supporting Member - “WAMPA”
237 Posts
Its hard to blame them. They have sold something like 330,000 Rogues year to date - which is more than they sold Gen 2 Xterra's through their 10 year run. Sucks for us, good for shareholders.

If I had $45K I had nothing better to do with I would buy a Rubicon or a 4 Runner TRD. Since I don't guess I'll just keep fixing my X, or maybe buy another with fewer miles.
Sad but true... bought a brand new 2015 Rogue myself for the wife ...anybody importing the patrol?? I saw a few online from EU that will ship to east coast.. ~17K for the one I was looking at

·
Registered
342 Posts
So it looks like Nissan completely fails again. One of the biggest auto shows previewing all of the new automakers designs and future vehicles and Nissan drops a turd.

Basically just minor updates to Maxima, Altima, Murano etc...

A re-designed and re-named (Juke) is now called the"Kicks"