Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you have nismo headers, nismo cold air intake and nismo muffler if not all which ones and what is your opinion on the performance i have an 07 xterra so far i have gotten limo tint all over, 20 inch kmc chrome rims with maxxis tires ($2000) i want to make it the sleakest looking xterra without the off road look to it and so far it looks beautiful now i want to work on the performance parts

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Sorry bro, you mis-spelled your
handle--

--Left out the "C" !!!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
612 Posts
You should check out dragonplayboys x, I know he doesn't have it anymore, but he set the bar pretty high w/ the slickness.

·
on line
246 Posts
nismo headers shouldnt void warranty-----------------depends on your dealer but my dealer here in vegas installs the nismo parts and it does not void warranty.

·
on line
896 Posts
I aways thought if you DID get Nismo stuff that was pretty much your way out of getting hassled for something breaking (since it is Nissan's stuff)

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SHADOW said:
I looked at the Nismo headers and I`m pretty sure it said they void the warranty.
yup when i looked them up it said it would void your precious warranty but to me it doesnt make sense since nismo is a product of nissan for higher performance yet its VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY! :cherry:

·
on line
97 Posts
Correct about the voided warranty. I asked the parts dealer at the dealership why and he said even though they are genuine nissan parts, nissan thinks (and prob correct) that once you put these preformance parts on then you will want to push the truck harder and drive more aggressivly adding to other parts breaking that might not under "normal stock" driving conditions.

·
on line
246 Posts
well it all really depends on your dealer-----cause trust me its up to them to honor it not nissan. my dealer installs all nismo parts-cai/headers/exhaust even calmini spacer lifts and still honors warranty.

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
toyniss said:
well it all really depends on your dealer-----cause trust me its up to them to honor it not nissan. my dealer installs all nismo parts-cai/headers/exhaust even calmini spacer lifts and still honors warranty.
thats true because my dealer actually told me that if i was to get a cai a nismo one wouldnt void the warranty but if i was to get a volant it would

·
on line
2,004 Posts
is the Nismo cai, a bolt on Cold Air intake, cause, Nissan cannot void warranty because of a bolt on item, the dealer has to prove that the part caused it?

·
on line
560 Posts
I just put the Nismo Intake in, and I love it. The X sounds very throaty, and once I stop flooring it everywhere, it should help with MPG

·
on line
73 Posts
they can only deny warranty for the r-tune parts which are labeled as "for off-road use only". it's basically their disclaimer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts