1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
on line
246 Posts
The RB series of engins are the famous I6 motors. Being that they never came to the US you'll have a hard time cross refrencing the stock thermostat part number for the RB motor to the stock one for the VQ motor we have. I don't know for sure if it would happen to work in the VQ, so you would be the first to try this (to my knowledge). You might want to see if the VQ35DE (350Z motor) and the VQ40DE use the same thermo. and see if any of the 350Z crowd have replaced their thermo.

·
on line
631 Posts
Ive never had a overheating problem when mudding. My radiator and whole engine were covered in mud and I drove over 60 miles both city and highway before I washed everything off... actually most of it.

yea it was muddy... but no problems with overheating

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Terdar said:
The RB series of engins are the famous I6 motors. Being that they never came to the US you'll have a hard time cross refrencing the stock thermostat part number for the RB motor to the stock one for the VQ motor we have.
R32 Thermostat - 21200-42L06
BNR32 Thermostat Assy Y32 - 21200-42L05

VQ40DE Thermostat - 21200-N50001

Wasn't hard at all. :)

·
on line
3,262 Posts
LOL look how clean his grill is in the picture of his engine bay. Looks similar to my truck. the outside is all pretty and shiny, then the inside looks like the toilet in a mexican resturant.

·
on line
631 Posts
Haha yea it was pretty dirty. Most of it came off at the car wash, and i cleaned it again yesterday at home. The grill is clean cuz i shot the outside down so i could drive it on the street. 3 hours at the car wash to clean the outside and engine bay, 2 more hours at home washing the mud out of the radiator and cleaning the small spots.... wow i am never doing that again. but no problems overheating!!

·
on line
735 Posts
that was wet, thin mud but I have seen gooey mud plug radiators before. The thermostat will be wide open during hard driving, it will not help much to get a 180 degree one.

mud is nasty...I try to avoid mudding anything that has payments or warranty left.

I'd suggest flogging rentals-they can do more than regular vehicles can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts