Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a few pics I took tonight right as the sun was going down. A couple are blurry and would have benefited from a tripod, but overall they came out good. Enjoy!

·
on line
641 Posts
bwarren228 said:
Heres a few pics I took tonight right as the sun was going down. A couple are blurry and would have benefited from a tripod, but overall they came out good. Enjoy!
In this photo, are those the factory fog lights that are on?

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, factory fogs. I wired them in the fuse box to come on whenever the parking lights were on. This also means they are on w/ the low beams AND high beams.

·
on line
641 Posts
JAdams said:
bwarren228 said:
Yea, factory fogs. I wired them in the fuse box to come on whenever the parking lights were on. This also means they are on w/ the low beams AND high beams.
How to on that mod please...
Actually, what I'd prefer would be a how-to on making it so that the Xterra fog lights are controlled strictly by their switch, so they come one when you turn them on, regardless of whether or not the headlights are on.

From the Xterra owner's manual:
The headlights must be on and the low beams
selected for the fog lights to operate. The fog
lights automatically turn off when the high beam
headlights are selected.

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a common mod on the Frontier and Titan forums. Basicly how a fuse works is the power moves through it. So, if you blow a fuse, you can give it power from a different source. You sauter a wire to 'foglight' side of the blown fuse. *An easy way to tell which side comes from the switch and which goes to the accessory is to get a circuit tester and touch it to the different sides of the blown fuse while the switch is on. Next connect the wire you sautered on the blown foglight fuse to the fuse from the parking lights. All these are labeled on the cover of the fuse box. Id imagine its the same as the fronty, but I dont want to throw any pics out there in case it is different. *Another tip, to blow a fuse get 2 wires and wrap around each prong of the fuse. Then touch one wire to the negative terminal and one to the pos. terminal.

Let me know if you have any questions. You may also be able to search the Titan or Frontier forums and get a more detailed write up.

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, someone from another forum suggested I make it a sig. Heres a pic I photoshopped to look like a toy

·
on line
807 Posts
Here is a write-up on how to do the foglight mod without soldering.
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2991&highlight=foglight

I did mine just like the pictures in the first post show.
The fogs are on anytime the parking lamps are on. So basically you have 4 options:
1- no lights (off position)
2- parking lights and fogs (parking light position)
3- low beams and fogs (low beam position)
4- high beams and fogs (high beam position)

The only downside is that you loose a little bit of control because its basically all or nothing, you CANNOT turn the fogs off while any other lights are on with this mod.... not a problem for me, but some people might not like that.

·
on line
204 Posts
Nice photos, I especially like the sig photo. What did you have to do in Photoshop to make your truck look like a toy? I've seen that same affect on this site and have tried messing around with PS, but have not had success.

·
on line
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did an outline around the truck from the bushes up (basicly the background) and applied a Gaussian blur

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Awesome pictures man.. :cheers:

·
on line
1,320 Posts
bwarren, where are you located... that looks exactly like some mountain bike trails i used to ride in Gainesville, FL called the "powerlines"

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Oh, i'm plenty familiar with Diamondhead and BSL, I'm in the Coast Guard in New Orleans; i run search&rescue cases over there all the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts