on line
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this
Linky

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I really don't get it, The intake now gets air from inside the fender just above the inner fender and behind the headlight, a place where air really can't be any cooler. We have cold air in, something like this, or something under the hood will draw in warm engine air and some cool air while underway. I don't think this is a good value. If you want to spend money on cool air, Volant so far seems to be the way to go for real cool air, better flow and filter options.

This is a picture of my inner fender with a Intake hose attached, but where it curves is where a stock X Air Inlet is. Drivers side inner fender well. Cold air comes into this area from behind the headlamp. I put this on as kind of a 1/4 snork, I can ford a much deeper wash than a stock X with this as my intake is up about 8" higher with this extension.

·
Registered
520 Posts
this is true the Nismo Cold-Air, K&N Cold Air, and Volant for close to 300 do no more than this cold air generic intake
for 70

http://www.autopartsfair.com/nissan-exterior_parts/xterra-2005-intake_system-kv4601062k.html

All systems provide no more Cold-air than stock. The stock box is more restrictive but like the volant the enclosure provides a little more protection from dust but they all provide HP increase come from increased airflow (coming from eliminating the accordion connector) not airflow temp.

That's why Nismo descriptions says something like make your engine sounds are good as it performs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts