Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Still waiting to see if anyone pairs this up with Hefty or any comparable skids to see what cutting if any would need to be done. In general, if anyone has this bumper please post your overall experience with it. I'm very excited to receive mine! But word on the street is Heftyfabworks is also giving their current Xterra armor line up a facelift. So we'll have to see if Hefty can make it worth my time to cancel this order for them.
Still waiting to see if anyone pairs this up with Hefty or any comparable skids to see what cutting if any would need to be done. In general, if anyone has this bumper please post your overall experience with it. I'm very excited to receive mine! But word on the street is Heftyfabworks is also giving their current Xterra armor line up a facelift. So we'll have to see if Hefty can make it worth my time to cancel this order for them.
Check out my thread over at…

New Pics of the X with the NISMO Bumper

Will be picking up my X tmw with an already installed 2” body lift prior to purchasing the NISMO bumper. I am having my NISMO bumper brackets modified and a skid plate for the radiator is also being fabricated by a shop near me in Daytona. I have yet to see it. Will be posting back with updated pics and my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 P4X Night Armor
20 Posts
Interesting note on the NISMO Xterra front bumper page at the Z1 website today:
"Nissan Motorsports is currently restructuring and not accepting new orders until March of 2022.
Currently Unavailable"

-=Tomj=-

·
Registered
819 Posts
Interesting note on the NISMO Xterra front bumper page at the Z1 website today:
"Nissan Motorsports is currently restructuring and not accepting new orders until March of 2022.
Currently Unavailable"

-=Tomj=-
Just off the cuff, and reading between the lines.... I'd say the future for these bumpers might not be good.

Which sucks, because I was planning on picking one up.

·
Registered
688 Posts
That seriously blows.

·
Registered
2014 Metallic Blue X
78 Posts
Its still available for purchase on the Nismo website. Maybe their just concentrating on fulfilling orders from dealers before 3rd party sellers?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's nice that Nissan still accepts the Xterra even after being discontinued. Anyone purchased the Nismo bumper yet?
Just purchased one through a Nissan Dealer ... Got the call earlier this week that it is in production and should expect to get it 3-4 months from now. I've heard of Longer lead times on Expedition One's and other manufacturing delays so I'm not disappointed at all about the lead time. VERY Excited about getting it here and getting it installed. Thanks for posting

·
Registered
5 Posts
Who has been able to buy from their local dealer? The first local dealer I got a response from said it had to be ordered from the official Nissan Parts | Nissan NISMO Parts & Merchandise site, which doesnt even sell to individual buyers..... Sounds like maybe they just don't want to deal with NISMO parts?
I placed my order just before Christmas through the Dealer Website which all Nissan Dealers have as part of the site for NISMO parts. 2 weeks later I called the dealer parts dept to confirm my order (I expected a lead time delay, figured I'd follow up on how long it would be) and they told me my order had been summarily Cancelled. When he looked up the part in the "system" and searched inventory it spit out 000000's which in NORMAL Parts ordering world indicates a discontinued item. Tremendously Disappointed I told him that this item was a NEW Offering from NISMO and it didn't seem likely that they'd already discontinued it. He said that they usually don't offer products for older and discontinued vehicles. Thank goodness for YOUTUBE... I asked if he wouldn't mind checking on it for me... he said "Sure, I actually have a Contact at NISMO that might be able to give me more info... might take a week or two since they are overseas." FINALLY Early this week (Jan 3rd) I got the call back from Joe in the Parts department letting me know that my NISMO bumper IS IN fact in production and that the lead time would be 3-4 months, do I still Want it?
"HECK YEAH" I do ...
SO... If you Do order this item, find a Dealer near you that is offering a discount... Of the Nissan Dealers in my area they ALL had different discounts, I was able to get it for $1050 +/- at a dealer that's about 2 hours from me... Saved the $250 for shipping. The other dealers around me had it for between $1,250 and $1,399 +/-
Keep in mind, the Parts department normally doesn't deal with special order items like this from NISMO and Probably won't know anything about Lead Times or what to do to get your order to process. They MAY tell you that your order is cancelled... if they pay attention to only what the "System" Tells them, your order will be cancelled. HOWEVER If you call, make sure to let them know that these ARE In fact in Production but they do have a lead time of potentially 3-4 months. YOU MAY Get lucky and find a dealer that has them in stock... but that is Highly doubtful based on the lack of supply that most manufacturers have for just about everything these days.
GOOD LUCK!
John

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love how low profile it is! I wonder what the lead time is on that bumper.
The dealer I purchased from initially submitted a "Cancellation" to my order because the system returned what they determined was a Discontinued Item Code. When i told them this was NOT a discontinued Item, the parts guy (Joe) said he would do his best to see if he could contact a NISMO person he knows (out in the ether somewhere) and find out more. 2 weeks later I got the call letting me know that my order WAS Still Active and that they WILL be able to provide this part (if I still want it) but it will be a 3-4 month lead time on production and delivery. NO Sweat! I've heard of 6 month or more lead times from some of the other manufacturers so I'm not too disappointed. I'm in Virginia FYI. Shop your dealers... they all offer discounts that vary. These are available for order through your Nissan dealers website.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I hope they keep making these- still a year or two away on my "wanted but not really needed" upgrade list, but they are definitely on the list. For those waiting: last year I waited over 7 months for my Gobi ladder, so 3 months sounds like nothing....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Canceled my order and put in an order for a Hefty fab works aluminum bumper with the new tall hoop. I learned that running body lifts and aftermarket skid plates would be very difficult and extra work, so I decided to spend the extra and go with hefty as I already have their skid plate and other pieces of armor.

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
I liked the looks of the Nissan bumper but I wasn’t impressed. I finally saw it in person 2 nights ago and it’s good but not for me. I would miss the top hoops and the sit on areas and heated seats in winter…of my Shrockworks bumper.

Nissan’a bumper is basic, light (in height, depth and weight) and it will be great for some people other than the price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I liked the looks of the Nissan bumper but I wasn’t impressed. I finally saw it in person 2 nights ago and it’s good but not for me. I would miss the top hoops and the sit on areas and heated seats in winter…of my Shrockworks bumper.

Nissan’a bumper is basic, light (in height, depth and weight) and it will be great for some people other than the price.
Different strokes for different folks

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
07 Xterra Off-Road
13 Posts
I have one ordered and paid for from Z1 since Feb 8th. I've been checking in with them every 2 weeks and it keeps getting more and more delayed. They're telling me that Nissan/Nismo is ensuring them that these will be available but there's no ETA on the ship date. I had been told mid April at one point but that date has come and gone. Still waiting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered the bumper back in November 2021 and they told be 14 week lead time. I just got an update that it should be shipped in a couple of weeks and that the dealer might have it by the end of the month.
Well, the two weeks is long past and no updates on an ETA on the bumper.....starting to feel like these were too good of a deal to be true.

101 - 120 of 134 Posts