Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not sure about the ETA’s for the radiator skid. I was thinking of contacting NISMO and seeing what kind of response I receive from them. Were you referring to the ETA’s on the skids or the bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, the ETAs for the bumper. I seemed to have placed an order when they just shipped out the last bumper and was quoted 2-3 months, while people are getting much larger quotes. I have not the slightest clue when a radiator skid will come out. Given at the rate these Nismo bumpers sold out, I'd assume they'd put a little bit of priority.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Sorry, the ETAs for the bumper. I seemed to have placed an order when they just shipped out the last bumper and was quoted 2-3 months, while people are getting much larger quotes. I have not the slightest clue when a radiator skid will come out. Given at the rate these Nismo bumpers sold out, I'd assume they'd put a little bit of priority.
I agree with you. That was why I jumped on the Z1 OffRoad website and purchased one after calling and finding out they had 6 in stock. Got tired of dealing with the dealerships who either had no idea what I was talking about, couldn’t find anything in their catalog database and/or telling me they were discontinued or there was a backorder on them.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I have a 2” body lift and 2” suspension lift on my Xterra. No one mentioned I may run into issues installing it. Making me wonder now…
I know shrock has the adjustment holes for a body lift and non-body lift. Same goes for their rear bumpers and sliders. I'm not sure about the NISMO, but ARB doesn't. Would be awesome if NISMO has the body lift holes.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I know shrock has the adjustment holes for a body lift and non-body lift. Same goes for their rear bumpers and sliders. I'm not sure about the NISMO, but ARB doesn't. Would be awesome if NISMO has the body lift holes.
I called Z1 Offroad and asked them about this. They told me there was some adjustability with these bumpers and that I may be able to adjust it about 1/2". I told them that I currently have a MK84 4" lift. 2" body lift and a 2" suspension lift all from Nisstec. I also told them that the shop I took my X to do the body lift, upon picking it up, my stock front bumper lined up perfectly with the fenders and there was no visible gap. Z1 Offroad then asked if I was sure I had a body lift and I told them that I purchased a suspension lift kit that also included 2" " hockey pucks" and there is a clear visible 2" gap between the body and the frame and you could see through it. Apparently, on Z1 Offroad's website including Nismo's website, the Xterra in the picture shows a gap from the fender to the bumper. The middle portion shows none due to the bucktooth grill that is currently used on the later Xterra's which is in my case. Z1 Offroad told me mine may look similar but will show more of a gap but to play with it when I get the front end off as I am lining up everything. Will see what happens. I will need to purchase another floor jack so that I can lift the bumper up evenly with two floor jacks while I put it on the truck as I am doing it all myself without any help.

Reactions: HawaiianXterra

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I called Z1 Offroad and asked them about this. They told me there was some adjustability with these bumpers and that I may be able to adjust it about 1/2".
Interesting. Let us know how it goes! On a side note, how much did it cost to install the body lift?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Interesting. Let us know how it goes! On a side note, how much did it cost to install the body lift?
I will post back as I make progress. Going to start on it this morning. As for the body lift install at a local 4x4 shop, I had the maxterra body lift version sliders put on at the same time. The labor cost was about $1500 if I remember correctly since it was a 16 hr job for the shop to do. They had to contact NISSTEC for some pointers as they walked them through it since they have never done an Xterra before. Plus purchasing a hi-lift jack as well from them with the bolt on kit for the roof rack.

Reactions: HawaiianXterra

·
Registered
688 Posts
The NISMO bumper has been installed today finally. The passenger side alignment is off by a hair. I currently have a 2" suspension lift and a 2" body lift from NISSTEC which shows the gap between the headlights/fender. The mounting brackets have plenty of room to cut some more for the bolts to sit properly in order to make the bumper sit flush with the fenders and the headlights. I may do that down the road, but for now I accept it for what it is. I also removed the inner wheel well plastics since they became loose after I did some cutting and there is really no where for them to stay in place in front of the tires since the plastic is loose and will cause some noise on the road. Does not look too bad if you ask me. More of a "MADMAX " look in a way. I was able to install the fog lights today as well but will do the wiring tomorrow for them.

Attachments

·
Registered
688 Posts
Got the fogs working now. Cut the factory plug ends off and swapped them with the RIGID plugs.

·
Registered
688 Posts
How much does the bumper weigh?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
105 lbs which includes the bumper brackets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Who has been able to buy from their local dealer? The first local dealer I got a response from said it had to be ordered from the official Nissan Parts | Nissan NISMO Parts & Merchandise site, which doesnt even sell to individual buyers..... Sounds like maybe they just don't want to deal with NISMO parts?
I ordered mine from my local dealer. He basically ordered it from Nismo. If you have the anility to check several dealers do it.. They all have wildly different prices for the bumper

·
Registered
688 Posts
I thought the same thing. It is a little strange that Nismo decided to throw us X folks a bone. I can't wait to get mine. Unfortunately now they tell me it's going to be close to 3 months
That blows.

·
Registered
2014 P4X Night Armor
20 Posts
Yeah, after waiting for a couple of weeks of asking for an email update on my order, I phoned the dealer's parts department today. The fellow who I talked with (no names to protect the innocent!) said "Oh, if you ordered it online then it's not ordered. The website is supposed to place the order but it doesn't. And we haven't been able to log in to the system for about two months."

OK. that's just a little suspicious... Anyway, he said he'd try to log in, and sure enough, he was able to. What a surprise! So he claims that he has now entered my order, but that the part is on indefinite backorder. He said he'll call me when he gets an update. (Don't call me, I'll call you...)

It makes me mad enough to sell my X and buy a Bronco. If only they weren't on backorder, too!

-=TomJ=-

·
Registered
688 Posts
Yeah, after waiting for a couple of weeks of asking for an email update on my order, I phoned the dealer's parts department today. The fellow who I talked with (no names to protect the innocent!) said "Oh, if you ordered it online then it's not ordered. The website is supposed to place the order but it doesn't. And we haven't been able to log in to the system for about two months."

OK. that's just a little suspicious... Anyway, he said he'd try to log in, and sure enough, he was able to. What a surprise! So he claims that he has now entered my order, but that the part is on indefinite backorder. He said he'll call me when he gets an update. (Don't call me, I'll call you...)

It makes me mad enough to sell my X and buy a Bronco. If only they weren't on backorder, too!

-=TomJ=-
Sounds like the parts dept guy was acting cocky imho. I would’ve went through the roof at that point! You should report it to the manager or someone higher up. Maybe they’ll give you a discount off of it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Still waiting to see if anyone pairs this up with Hefty or any comparable skids to see what cutting if any would need to be done. In general, if anyone has this bumper please post your overall experience with it. I'm very excited to receive mine! But word on the street is Heftyfabworks is also giving their current Xterra armor line up a facelift. So we'll have to see if Hefty can make it worth my time to cancel this order for them.

81 - 100 of 134 Posts