Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think this is one of the first time dealerships are getting crazy demand for specific products and they weren't ready to handle it. It doesn't make sense for any company to through the trouble of designing and manufacturing a product just to do one limited batch of it. As previously mentioned, I was placed on a back-order of 3-4 months when I placed my order. These other dealerships may just be having trouble figuring out their systems. Or at least I hope that's the case..

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you can pickup from PRG, you know what you will get. Otherwise it’s a gamble which I won’t play unless it’s a single, simple, in stock item and ships same week as promised.

Tundra coils and shocks fit from what I heard and it was a mechanic saying it. 7” of travel vs 10” from the $1100 sets. I want a 20k miles lasting setup and by then possibly upgrade when the need arises (like to SPC arms too, starting with stock Titan arms). Normally I like the best parts but sometimes they have to wait.
Just go shock towers and 8" coil overs. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
2013 Pro4X, 6MT
1,257 Posts
Z1 has the bumpers listed. You can call and ask questions. Shipping may be high, may be highest price overall. Nice folks.
Forget about Z1(due to shipping). Call your local Nissan dealer and see if you can buy from them on a tgiving/Black Friday sale. Save the shipping cost. Stevens Creek Nissan is local to me, too bad I'm not interested in a front bumper. Those wheels are tempting though.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Z1 has the bumpers listed. You can call and ask questions. Shipping may be high, may be highest price overall. Nice folks.
Thats where I purchased my bumper from. They had 6 in stock when I ordered. Now there is 5 remaining unless others ordered from them already. Nice people indeed. Only took two days for it to arrive to my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
@HanCholo you can Titan swap for about half the usual $4k with some used parts and bunch of reading, and with hands on.
Mix of Rock Auto OEM Titan stuff, or used Titan arms, axle rebuild reusing either a used axle extension arm (reusing your boots), things like that.
I am in the middle of a budget Tswap but I am getting a lot of mechanic tech support. (Outsourcing the pesky details stuff)

Most expensive is coils with shocks front. Tundra stock (about $400) vs the $1100 Xterra Tswap specific. On other things, saving $100 here, $50 there adds up. Tie rods extensions vs 4 new Titan ones.

I am able to leave my rear alone (other than adding spacers and extended brake lines), so I hope to be below the half cost.
Me too. Do the same.

·
Registered
2014 P4X Night Armor
15 Posts
I just got notified by Casa Nissan of El Paso: "Unfortunately bumper is not available at this time nor can Nissan provide me with an ETA. Order has been cancelled."
-=Tom=-

·
Registered
578 Posts
Z1's website says it's a pre-order for expected delivery in January 2022.
-=Tom=-
That blows… looks like they sold em all already and waiting on the next batch. If they do become available again… you won’t be disappointed to order from them. They ship fast and they are great in communicating with their customers.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I love this bumper. Fits the body well and doesn't have the giant front porch like the ARB.
I hate my ARB, but got it for $800 from ARB due to a blemish in the coat. The giant front, needs work to fit a smittybilt winch and you have to use the stock bumper to cover the gap. Just terrible.

I'm looking at getting a Nismo due to price. Was also thinking of shrock since they have body lift adjustment, but I don't think I'll get get a BL.

Reactions: HanCholo

·
Registered
108 Posts
Does anyone have any ideas of when the radiator skid might be released? And reading these ETAs are terrifying, I'm gonna have to reach out to my dealership to see if my ETA is still accurate of 2-3 months.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Does anyone have any ideas of when the radiator skid might be released? And reading these ETAs are terrifying, I'm gonna have to reach out to my dealership to see if my ETA is still accurate of 2-3 months.
Not sure about the ETA’s for the radiator skid. I was thinking of contacting NISMO and seeing what kind of response I receive from them. Were you referring to the ETA’s on the skids or the bumper?

·
Registered
578 Posts
I hate my ARB, but got it for $800 from ARB due to a blemish in the coat. The giant front, needs work to fit a smittybilt winch and you have to use the stock bumper to cover the gap. Just terrible.

I'm looking at getting a Nismo due to price. Was also thinking of shrock since they have body lift adjustment, but I don't think I'll get get a BL.
I have a 2” body lift and 2” suspension lift on my Xterra. No one mentioned I may run into issues installing it. Making me wonder now…

61 - 80 of 85 Posts