Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2014 P4X Night Armor
15 Posts
Answering multiple questions:

Does free shipping apply? The website says free shipping does not apply to heavy items, including bumpers. No problem for me, as Casa Nissan is only about 80 miles south of my home.

Does the dealer have it in stock? Who knows... I checked the status of my order this morning, and the current status is "Payment Confirmed". Not very informative...

And a general comment: The Nissan parts website leaves much to be desired! The shipping quote is a joke.

-=Tom=-

·
Registered
2014 P4X Night Armor
15 Posts
My invoice still shows $34.95 shipping and $34.95 VIP discount applied. I expect it to change. I emailed the Casa parts department yesterday and asked them to change it to Local Pickup.
-=Tom=-

·
Registered
108 Posts
Update, the dealer I ordered it from actually cancelled my order, stating they don't want the risk of damaging the product during shipping it to my house. I ended up doing a local pickup for only 1.2k instead of 1.1k. Oh well. Probably for the best

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Xterra Off-Road MT
7 Posts
I placed my order and the discount applied. Are people's invoices changing AFTER they ordered it?
My order, the shipping jumped from $35-$200. The dealership called me the day I put my online order in, to let me know and to make sure that I still wanted the bumper. They called me back today to let me know my bumper is being shipped from the warehouse in a few days.

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Xterra Off-Road MT
7 Posts
Answering multiple questions:

Does free shipping apply? The website says free shipping does not apply to heavy items, including bumpers. No problem for me, as Casa Nissan is only about 80 miles south of my home.

Does the dealer have it in stock? Who knows... I checked the status of my order this morning, and the current status is "Payment Confirmed". Not very informative...

And a general comment: The Nissan parts website leaves much to be desired! The shipping quote is a joke.

-=Tom=-
I feel your pain. I just went through the process. I thought, I got smoking good deal at $1080, but ended up paying$1244 after shipping cost was adjusted. Still $100 cheaper than my local dealership.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Update to the update... I'm now being told by the local dealership it's 8-12 week wait time after placing it a few hours ago. Seeing how others are still getting there bumper, should I just try another dealership or something? That's a really sucky wait time..

·
Registered
2011 PRO-4X
1,365 Posts
Update to the update... I'm now being told by the local dealership it's 8-12 week wait time after placing it a few hours ago. Seeing how others are still getting there bumper, should I just try another dealership or something? That's a really sucky wait time..
They are all coming from the same Nissan warehouse so it shouldn't take more that a few days longer between dealerships depending on where in the country you are. My guess is your dealer is too lazy to check and just covered their lazy asses saying 8-12 weeks because...... COVID.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I want to order one. But I'll have to save up some dough. I'm also on the fence about Titan swapping. More dough. Part of me thinks that since I'm already lifted, might as well bumper the rig. On the other hand, it's a spacer/AAL lift and I'm still running original shocks/struts, so it's going to need replacing.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
^I'm in the exact same boat.

To be honest, I'm surprised they charge shipping to a dealer. I thought if you picked up at a dealer, it was included. Then again, its below MSRP, so can't complain too much. Just makes it a pretty good deal, not a GREAT deal that can't be beat.

Reactions: HanCholo

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
@HanCholo you can Titan swap for about half the usual $4k with some used parts and bunch of reading, and with hands on.
Mix of Rock Auto OEM Titan stuff, or used Titan arms, axle rebuild reusing either a used axle extension arm (reusing your boots), things like that.
I am in the middle of a budget Tswap but I am getting a lot of mechanic tech support. (Outsourcing the pesky details stuff)

Most expensive is coils with shocks front. Tundra stock (about $400) vs the $1100 Xterra Tswap specific. On other things, saving $100 here, $50 there adds up. Tie rods extensions vs 4 new Titan ones.

I am able to leave my rear alone (other than adding spacers and extended brake lines), so I hope to be below the half cost.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I did see PRG has a basic Titan swap kit. It's so hard to know what kind of shipping you'll get with Greg. One of the local Mn guys ordered a lift kit from PRG and had no issues at all. But there are enough bad reviews to make me question it. But, his kit is $1999 and has everything needed...

What's the scoop on the Tundra struts? Are they a direct replacement, just less than half the price?

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
If you can pickup from PRG, you know what you will get. Otherwise it’s a gamble which I won’t play unless it’s a single, simple, in stock item and ships same week as promised.

Tundra coils and shocks fit from what I heard and it was a mechanic saying it. 7” of travel vs 10” from the $1100 sets. I want a 20k miles lasting setup and by then possibly upgrade when the need arises (like to SPC arms too, starting with stock Titan arms). Normally I like the best parts but sometimes they have to wait.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I ordered my NISMO bumper on Wed the 17th and received it on Fri the 19th. I ended up paying $1570 out the door. $1208 for the bumper then shipping is what killed it and Florida Taxes on top of it. Out of calling several dealerships in the US and including Casa Nissan per one member stated he ordered from… they all said they were on severe backorder with a 16 week or more wait time. One although told me it was discontinued. My own Nissan dealership local told me it was not showing up in their online database. The picture is distorted somewhat, however the fog light cutouts are surely squared. Currently waiting on the fog lights and recovery point shackles to arrive. Now the hunt for the radiator skid plate is next since it is still “ up in the air” on whether or not it will be available for the NISMO bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
This just in. Nismo made these in 2009, but lost them in the warehouse. Found them recently, and decided to sell. Now their all gone.

Just kidding. But man, this is just weird all around with the various answers from dealers.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts