Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Pro 4X,Night Armor.
181 Posts
I wants the precioussssssssssssss............
but MSRP is 1450.00 and it looks like most places are wanting at least 1299.00
Not saying it's not worth it but that's a lot of coin. I don't feel like the stock Xterra has a front bumper and this would be great to have on there.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
It seems expensive at first.... BUT... it comes coated, and local pickup.
Depending on where you are, you may spend ~$200-$300 in shipping. Shrock is in my city and its still $220 shipping, Hefty is $315.
and $100-$300 for your choice of DIY spray or professional powder coating.
Just for example, the Hefty is $200 for powder and $315 shipping. If you take those things out of the cost and called them add-ons, Nismo would be listed as $935... or $785 (based on the $1299 cost you found).

The only wild card is the radiator skid portion as its included with the Hefty and shrockworks, but not the Nismo.
I think it would come out a wash for most people.

To be perfectly honest... its not my favorite bumper, but the cost and ease alone makes it very tempting.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Post pics once installed! I am leaning towards this front bumper as well.

Reactions: First4x4

·
Registered
20 Posts
OMG, its real! After all those teasers and the long wait, I thought maybe the current state of our supply chains and all the struggles manufacturers are having that this would end up being canceled. Please post any photos from install. What is the Nissan Part number so we can start seeing what local dealers want for it. Is anyone using a aftermark rad skid with it? I'm curious which aftermarket brands are going to be compatible, I just got my first 2 Hefty skids installed this past weekend.

Reactions: bluez

·
Registered
33 Posts
The approach angle looks to be improved. I didn't measure that before and after.
I was more concerned what it would do to the ride height. Lost 1/4' in the lift with the bumper installed. My lift consists of a Med OME.

Probably took 4-5 hours for the install. Removed the old bumper Friday night and did the installation, adjustment, and trimming on Saturday morning.

The only trimming I had to do was to the front of the inner fenders.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do they come with instructions, or is it basically figure it our yourself. Might just buy it and grind my HF skids if need be.
It came with basic instructions with a few picture. I viewed 2 or 3 you tube video's of other installs. So I had a good idea of how it was supposed to go.
The bolts circled may give you trouble They stick out into the skid plate mount area
Tool Bumper Wood Motor vehicle Metalworking
you can't turn them around cause the radiator backs up to them

·
Registered
105 Posts
It came with basic instructions with a few picture. I viewed 2 or 3 you tube video's of other installs. So I had a good idea of how it was supposed to go.
The bolts circled may give you trouble They stick out into the skid plate mount area
View attachment 140254 you can't turn them around cause the radiator backs up to them
I see that now. I mean, you could just shave off the excess bolt which isn't exactly an ideal scenario but I don't see how you could run any aftermarket skids with this as they all use those same big bolt points from what I've seen. Or, the better solution is that Nissan comes out with that radiator skid plate soon. Honestly not a huge fan of HF front bumpers so I was hoping this would work smoothly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Who has been able to buy from their local dealer? The first local dealer I got a response from said it had to be ordered from the official Nissan Parts | Nissan NISMO Parts & Merchandise site, which doesnt even sell to individual buyers..... Sounds like maybe they just don't want to deal with NISMO parts?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts