1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I would love to hear a sound clip of them on with the stop exhaust. It would also be cool to know what kind of performance gains you get. Nice find.

·
on line
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure about the Xterra, but supposedly the R-tune headers give up to a 13 hp and 13 lb ft to the 350Z and 16 hp and 11 lb ft on the Sentra Spec V to the wheels. I'm not sure how accurate they are, but I'm guessing with intake, headers, and exhaust you could free up a good amount of power.

·
on line
335 Posts
over on FreshAlloy they've got a set of Nismo Headers on a 6sp fronty (with intake) over in SoCal, and they're going to put the dyno runs up from it. soon as they do i'll bring 'em over here

·
on line
160 Posts
wonder if they're C.A.R.B. legal????

·
on line
12 Posts
I would like to try them if results are good, I will probably wait till more exhausts are avalable, and do the whole system at once.

·
on line
189 Posts
i wouldnt mind buyin dis for mi X...
more HP more Torque..

but i gotta get my exhaust put on soon..

mi Flowmaster 50 series

·
on line
133 Posts
I was hoping that they would eliminate the first set of cats like on my Spec V.

For those who feel that the Nismo units are pricey, just compare the quality to JBA... Nismo runs full welds on the outside primaries as opposed to JBA. This does make a huge difference for reliability and with running a nismo header on my spec, and watching other headers other than nismo crack on other spec's, the choice becomes clear.

·
on line
564 Posts
WOW! That's some 'spensive headers! I'd be real interested in the hp/tq gains though.

Rob

·
on line
83 Posts
think they are good for 7.5hp and 11.7 tq at the rear according to the nismo website..i dont think they are road legal as they dont have the pre-cats in them as the stock ones do.

·
on line
133 Posts
magnus718 said:
think they are good for 7.5hp and 11.7 tq at the rear according to the nismo website..i dont think they are road legal as they dont have the pre-cats in them as the stock ones do.
Stock ones don't have cat's either; the flange on the manifold is the same place as the flange on the header. The primary cats are flanged on both sides.

Build intermediate pipes if you really want to ditch the first set of cats and relocated the 02's downstream.

If I hear anything about those first set of cats falling apart, they are off of their.

·
on line
735 Posts
if it isn't too late, please take pics of the stock ones next to the new ones... or at least pics of the stockers to compare to your photo in the original post.

·
on line
46 Posts

·
on line
133 Posts
MrXS said:
mtdewmike said:
Kal_El said:
I don't believe that they are CARB legal and they void the warranty check this link, http://www.leeparts.com/nissan_xterra/nismo/engine/nismo_headers.html
Installation of R-Tune components could void factory warranty
I don't believe any Nismo R tune parts will void your warranty..but Nissan won't warranty if they cause damage...is that the same thing???
It depends on your dealership. In dealing 3 years with customer relations and how the dealer responds to any modifications is on a case by case basis. Most dealers give a sour face and turn you away.

Plus, most of the public is no where near as technically savvy as dealerships and they will throw some mumbo jumbo at consumers against warranty repairs, that is, when mods are installed. Speaking of dealerships, they often don't like to perform warranty repairs; book time sucks when it comes to warranty.

So, lets say that you install headers on your X and now your trans starts to slip, sure mag mossy is supposed to protect you, but the dealer cries that you have installed off-road parts on an on-road vehicle and those parts are intended for racing, therefore you have been racing your vehicle and have most likely, as a result, used your vehicle in a manner for which it was unintended.

Now maybe you just wanted to add that little bit of extra power and the two components aren't even linked, but time and time again, I see dealerships fight tooth and nail against repairs whenever they find a modification on a vehicle. There are exceptions, but they are getting few and far between.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts