Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it any good? Would you recommend it?

Anything information you guys have on it would be great to know. :)

·
on line
1,831 Posts
I frequently speak with the salesman who sold me my X and he's got one with the Nismo intake. He said he loves it...

If nothing else, it does look pretty cool.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Someone else is going to have to answer that.
I've only got minor insight on this item.

·
on line
874 Posts
I am almost positive its oiled

·
on line
3,218 Posts
It's oiled, it looks cool, and it'll sound nice. It will not add any discernable HP gains, and what you do get, will be negated by the fact your foot's gonna' be mashing the skinny for more growl all the time either way, ergo less mpg. As noted previously, one thing Nissan engineers did not F up on this rig, is the intake. With the two exceptions of either a Volant strung up w/ a snorkle, or even MCs vac hose mod, nothing'll do better than the OE junk in this case.
(IMHO)

·
on line
13,467 Posts
I have the volant. Its been on my truck for two weeks now and just went to the G. Bay in canada and back. Sounds great, gave better gas milage, and was easy to instal. I also experienced a 2-3 mpg gain. And i had the cruise control set at 80mph the whole trip. So i know i got better mpg since i was going so fast. I usually dont get crap for milage out of a tank of gas when im flying.

·
on line
874 Posts
I have the Airaid on mine...I also saw 2-3mpg increase, but now that i have a new x i have to break the engine in before ill see that again

·
on line
1,831 Posts
I'm gonna have to side with DBAX on this one. An intake is the last thing on my list of mods.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's not really on the list of mods. But I have an opportunity to get one for REALLY cheap, so I was thinking about it.

·
on line
13,467 Posts
Well, i guess "smashing on the gas" would depend on the driver. So IMHO, if you dont drive like an idiot all the time you gat tha gain in mpg all the time like i have gotten. The only time i may be smashing gas is when im passing someone. But that doesnt happen often.

List of mods? Painting my wheels is last on my list.

And syndicate, sounds like you will be spending mod money on another new diff, that blows.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts